x

Online Orders Going Offline

I have a small Quick Service Restaurant. It seems like daily my online ordering is going offline for a period of time. Is there a fix to this issue? Is this issue local with my Internet provider or is it a Square issue? Doesn't seem like it would be local since I have customers calling me saying they can't place an online order. Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @PointBreakTacos and welcome to our Seller Community! 

It looks like Online orders (pickup and delivery) currently have the following schedule: 

Monday - Saturday 11:00am-7:30pm

Does that sound correct? 

Also, are customers receiving an error message? 

Thank you for answering those questions so we can better assist.

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Last night this happened again. I had a customer call to let me know they couldn't order online. I went online to check it and the system had me closed and opening the next day.

Message 3 of 8

Hi @PointBreakTacos

I took a look at your settings, and everything appears to be setup properly. Your business hours show you close at 7:30pm, however, customers should be able to order and schedule a pickup or delivery for the next available time slot. 

If this happens again, can you take a screenshot of the page where you see the store is "offline"? Can you also let us know the approximate time of when you saw this happen? 

Message 4 of 8

This is still an issue. I had a customer call me tonight and tried to get delivery and the app was telling him it was only available the following morning. It seems like Square is shutting down my delivery at 7.

Message 5 of 8

Hi there. 👋

Was it at 7pm or was it after 7:30pm? How late are you supposed to be open? Based on your settings, your store closes at 7:30pm. If someone orders after this time, they will be forced to choose the next available business day as the earliest they can order. 

Message 6 of 8

I am open until 7:30. It just happened again. Someone put in a pickup order at 7:01 and it told them to pick it up tomorrow. I am guessing that is because the preparation time is a certain length that would be ready after closing. However, this is an obvious glitch in the system that is potentially costing me money at this point. I am open to the possibility that I didn't set it up properly. However, if I did, I would appreciate this issue bing fixed. People should be able to order up until 7:30.

Message 7 of 8

This issue is resolved. I got a walk through from someone on Square during a Chat. However, I had been through a chat with someone else who didn't know the answer. I had it set up incorrectly due to fulfillment time being different than regular hours open.

Message 8 of 8