x

Order CSV export just says "Square Online" instead of "Square Online Order#" now...

I need to export my order list and built a backend that depended on "Square Online Order number" as a key.. seemed like a good choice.. but in the last week the order# has been dropped from the square export CSV data. 

Certainly others must use "order number" as a key for managing orders... The main browser window clearly shows the "Order Source" column exactly the way I need it.. "Square Online 1234567890"
 format... 

Square>> Did you change the CSV export for "Items & Orders>Orders"? I still see it in the "Online>Orders" export but the rows are a different format and I need all my "Item Modifier" data so it wont work for me without a complete re-code.

I run a charity and dont have lots of time to code up a new order management backend.. is this a bug? Can you fix it ASAP?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Champion

Hi @boosters_admin. Yours is one of those posts that I see over my first cup of coffee and think “now, that just can’t be right.” Ha.  But, of course, I followed your steps and found the exact same thing.  Like you, I know that the export file found at Items & Orders>Orders use to include the online order number in that source field, because I have a spreadsheet that I created once to exploit that fact.  And, now it doesn’t work.  So……..

@_Violet I’m tagging you.  I’m adding a few screen shots to illustrate what @boosters_admin is saying.  This definitely seems like a bug was introduced into the export process sometime in the recent past.  Could you pass this on to the engineers?

IMG_4876.jpeg

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @boosters_admin - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

For this issue, we'll need you to connect with our Support Team so they can gather the information required to create a support ticket, as we cannot access your Square account information here in the Seller Community. Then, our engineers can investigate this further. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

Thank you as always @_Violet  You’re the best  

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 6
Square Champion

@_Violet Please let me know when/if this is resolved. I don’t use it much now, but I have a spreadsheet that assumes the same thing that @boosters_admin is expecting. 

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 5 of 6

I am glad I am not crazy and others see this issue as a problem also. I will submit a formal ticket tomorrow when I sit down to do most of my booster club work. 

Message 6 of 6