x

Order confirmation email references downloadable content. How do I fix this?

I am very confused as my business sells beauty products online and the order confirmation email says "Your download is ready". It also has a weird section about downloadable content, which we do not sell. Is there a setting somewhere to remove this section of the email template and change the subject line to something that makes more sense for a retail business?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for reaching out to let us know, @FineLineATX!

Are these emails being generated for every online purchase or only certain purchases?

Firstly, we want to rule out any issues caused by your item settings by checking the item type of your current items is set to physical and not digital. To do this, follow the below steps:

1. Sign in to your Square Online Dashboard.

2. Select Items > Site Items > click on one of your items.

3. You'll see Item Type right under Item Information.  

Let us know how you go with this first step on your end.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I'm experiencing the same issue with my site. Even though the product type is set to "physical" the confirmation email subject is "Your Download is Ready" and there is a "digital download" section in the email body (that we can't edit or delete from the template). Even if we were selling digital downloads, we would want the confirmation email subject to say something like "Your order is confirmed" or similar. Is there a way to edit the subject line? 

To add insult to injury, the thing that is possibly most frustrating about this is that we would LIKE to offer a digital download - delivered automatically via email - but the platform supposedly doesn't accommodate that kind of product. All the tutorials we have found indicate that digital products need to be emailed manually from us to the buyer. 

Please help. We switched to this platform from Shopify after downsizing our store in order to simplify our ecommerce experience and so far this platform is VERY frustrating and leaves a lot to be desired.  

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello @ESCC 

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community, and sorry to hear that you're here because you've run into trouble. 

This isn't the experience we want you to have on Square Online or any of Square products. I would like to take a look into this matter for you. I will reach out to the team that handles these situations. Would you mind sharing an example of a product marked as physical that its order confirmation email had the subject you stated?

I will keep an eye out for your reply.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4