x

Palm rejection for signature screen with Square Stand

We have a square stand and many of our customers have an issue signing using a stylus because they try to rest the bottom of their palm on the bottom of the ipad screen when signing their name. Is there a way to implement some form of palm rejection on the bottom of the screen to keep this from happening?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @mtconcrete

I have never heard of this before! Probably because all of the sellers I visit force me to use my hand like a barbarian. Currently we don't have a setting for the screen to identify palm touches, but I will pass this feature request along to our product team! 

If I can help with anything else, please let me know. 😀

Message 2 of 7

That's funny! One of our store workers reported that a large percentage of customers comment on how nice it is that we have a stylus. (My husband's idea, which he keeps reminding me.) We haven't had any problems, maybe because of the way the stand is situated.

Message 3 of 7

@FAMI brings up a good point! @mtconcrete how are you positioning your tablet? I think as the tablet becomes more horizontal or flat you might see an increase in these palm strikes.  How a customer holds the stylus might come into play as well.

Message 4 of 7

To be honest I had no idea the angle was adustable. I tilted it down, so we'll see how that works.

Thanks,

Greg

Message 5 of 7

@mtconcrete let us know how it goes! I'm interested to see if this change will curb the palm touches. 😀

Message 6 of 7

might Adonit Pixel stylus (http://www.adonit.net/jot/pixel/) compatibility be a soltion?  for non Pro iPads, it is one of the few available with bluetooth and palm rejection capabilitiy; but seems to require some sort of app revision to take advantage of the palm rejection.

Message 7 of 7