x

Payroll: Contractor entered in wrong account information for payroll, deposits have gone through

I have a contractor that entered in the wrong account number for direct deposit. It was just brought to my attention that they did not get their deposit (should have hit the account on Thursday, and it's Sunday). Did some investigating and the account number is off by one number. How do I get this taken care of? I need to get them their funds. Please help! What steps do we need to take to get these funds back and into the correct bank account??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @KilgoreClean, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. 

For something like this I recommend calling our Customer Success team. They can transfer you to Square Payroll Support where they can help with this. Another seller might have experienced something similar on the Community, but you'll probably need to contact Square Payroll Support. 

Message 2 of 4

Were you able to find a fix action for this issue? Found out my contractor set his deposit account to incorrectly so after I sent him funds he didn’t receive them and tried to threaten me saying he’ll put a lien on my home. I called his bank and I asked the steps to set up a mobile account and explained how he told me he set his account up and she said that was incorrect and that he needs to contact them. My money went through but since his account is wrong he doesn’t see it

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Jprevard

Do you know if the wrong account it was sent to was an active account? If it's not active, it will be routed back to your original account.

And were the funds you sent him through your Square Payroll account? In most instances, it would be best for him to contact his bank directly to get the funds recovered. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4