x

Pickup day changing at checkout

I am trying to set up my store, and when I do test run purchases, the pickup date always changes in the checkout screen. So- I open the store. The location selector.pops up and requires that I choose a location. I choose my farmers market location, and it reads that the next available pickup day is this Saturday 1/16. That is correct. I enter the store in this location, select a product and add it to my cart. Once it opens the shopping cart, the pickup date has switched to next Saturday, January 23. This Saturday 1/16 is no longer even an option. 

I know I have my prep time set at 1 business day. I hope this system is not set to assume it's the one business day that the market is available (once a week and therefore only open 1 business day.)that would be absurd. I have asked several times about an option to set actual order deadlines, not just this vague wishy washy hour/business day nonsense. That really doesn't work for food prep. I never get a response to that question. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

It sounds like this is behaving properly, if you are only open for 1 day a week - Saturday, if I understand what you've explained - and have a 1 business day prep time. If you are only open for 1 business day, the system is looking for the first available date to mark as the prep time. Since you are only open on that day, but also have a 1 day prep time, then your customers will be offered the the next business day available. 

Different behavior would be considered a feature request at this time. We saw hundreds of improvements introduced to the Square Online website throughout last year, and I anticipate hundreds more this year

I hope this helps clarify how the prep time feature works, @summerthyme!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I have read several threads from various sellers looking for an order cutoff feature, dating back nearly a year.  Has any progress been made in this area? The current system with prep time only being counted during business days does not work for so many small food businesses. Food production, especially for bakeries, often happens outside of normal business hours- overnight in my case, and I could greatly increase sales, and therefore income for square via online orders if these changes were implemented. If it helps, what I would love to see specifically in my case is the ability to cutoff orders at 5PM for next day pickup (or any given future day in the case that a product takes more than one day to produce). That gives me the time I need to make the product. I realize I can simply turn off ordering at 5PM every day, but not only is this tedious, but also prevents people from placing orders for other days in the future that are not at deadline. 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @summerthyme

Appreciate you taking the time to check in on the Feature Request for prep-time.

Currently, I don't have an update for this one. Once there is more information to provide, one of the Community Moderators will post a Product Update. 

Thank you for providing honest feedback on how this change would benefit businesses such as yours. I am more than happy to add this to the Feature Request. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4