x
Beta Member

REMOVE SETUP STEPS FROM PC DASHBOARD

Please remove the setup steps from the square dashboard once and for all! We have been using square for 3 years now, and we will never complete the "Import Inventory" step. It is so annoying to have to check on the box to remove setup steps every time we sign in, and sometimes the remove steps button isn't even there! When you cant remove it an annoying green bar takes up 10% of the top of the screen no matter what function your using.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @MountainHouse - I am currently looking into this with the team who owns this feature. I'll be sure to report back to you here with what I'm able to find out. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 10

Hi again @MountainHouse 👋 Hope you've had a good week so far. Again, thanks for your patience here while awaiting my response.

I've just the following from one of our Product Managers, "This is a bug and we will fix it shortly. It shouldn’t take too long, we just don’t have a specific date at this time. (We don’t want to promise something in case this issue is more complex than we imagine)."

I will let you know if I hear of any updates! I appreciate you hanging in there until we get this fixed 🙏

Violet
Message 3 of 10

Hey there, @MountainHouse - Our team has asked me to check in with you on this. Are you still seeing the setup guide on your Dashboard at this time?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Message 4 of 10
Beta Member

Yes.  Still there. 

Message 5 of 10

Good morning @MountainHouse 👋 The setup guide should be gone now. 

Could you confirm whether or not you still see it on your end?

Violet
Message 6 of 10
Beta Member

Hi, its partially gone. The dialogue on the right of the screen midway down is gone, that was the area where you could click the X to close out the setup steps. However, the "clipboard" icon on the very top right corner is still flagged with a blue dot, and when you open it, it says 96% complete setting up, and the list it opens says "Import My Inventory". So we've made progress at least! 🙂

Message 7 of 10

Hello @MountainHouse 👋 I'm the engineer that removed the setup guide from your dashboard. That was a bug on our side so thank you for bringing that up.

As for the notification badge on the clipboard icon, it currently will only go away once you complete every single task. I understand that that can be annoying, and we're looking into ways to improve the entire setup guide experience. These things just require a bit more internal discussion since it would be a change that affects everyone using Square, and it's often a balancing act between a friendly reminder vs nudging people just a bit too much.

But know that your feedback is being heard, and you'll probably see a change to that notification badge in the near future so just hold out a little longer 🙏

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

Thanks for the info! 🙂 I must say that it is odd that we still have the clipboard icon, as our other company doesn't, and never did. As far as making the clipboard and setup steps percentage notifications go away, what about this: Instead of "removing" the setup steps, why don't they just allow the end user to check a box that says, "Skip this step". I've gone so far as to click on the import inventory step multiple times in hopes that it would trick the algorithm into thinking the step was completed. In any case not having to click the X a half dozen times a day, or deal with the huge green banner when the X wasn't available it much appreciated!

Also, since I have you, can anything be done about the 5" blue bar on the last screen of checkout on Square Stand that offers a gift receipt be addressed? This blue bar totally confuses the customer, as they already chose which format of receipt they wanted on the previous screen. It complicates the transaction as you have to explain the gift receipt is not a traditional receipt, and then they push it anyway, which results in either 2 paper receipts or one digital receipt, plus the paper receipt. It's a waste of paper and time. The original design which allowed the cashier to print a gift receipt manually from the transaction list was far better. IMG_7575.jpg 

Message 9 of 10

Hey @MountainHouse Something like that is in the works. We currently only record if a user finishes a step, but will be adding onto that functionality soon.

As for the "print gift receipt" button, unfortunately, that's outside of my team's domain. As with most places, teams have very strictly defined areas of responsibility, but I'll get that feedback over to the appropriate team 🙂

Message 10 of 10