x

Registered Visa Gift Card still not being accepted

I recently signed up with Square under the casual user option. I'm trying to sell a used laptop to a buyer who wishes to pay with a Visa gift card. The card was rejected, and the buyer immediately went and registered it online to include billing address information. Tried running again and card still rejected. Can someone explain this and if there are hidden/hard to find policies regarding Visa gift cards specifically?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Alumni

Hey @Ryvvn

Welcome to the Community! You should be able to accept a Visa Gift Card if processing it as a credit card. Do you know if the card has the balance to cover the entire purchase? If not, that may be causing the issue and we would suggest to run it as a split transaction with the difference being covered with a different tender. If the balance of the Visa covers the charge, then contact us directly and our Support team will be able to advise you on the next steps.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 3

Hi puka, thanks for your reply. Decreasing charge amount does not work, and checking the balance through giftcardmall.com/mygift shows the gift card has the exact amount I'm attempting to charge loaded on it. I guess I'll have to contact support directly.

Message 3 of 3