x

Sending ACH payments using Plaid: Does it have to suck this bad?

I send invoices via square and I also pay vendors using ACH (Plaid), and I think I must be doing something wrong. 

Each time I have to pay a vendor via ACH, I need to travel through a long sequence of pop ups, how-to's and verification pages. I'm asked to find my bank in a list, verify my bank and enter credentials each time, then once again select the bank account i'd like to use (which after all these steps is already checked off). Square never remembers any of this **bleep** for me even though i'm always logged in. By comparison, paying someone who emails me a quickbook invoice is a dream. 

Is Plaid just a dumb service that is inconvenient to use for ACH payments each and every time? Does it suck this bad for everyone? Am I using it wrong? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

hi can i ask you what you use to sign in eith plaid? im trying to link my square checking to a stock website through plaid right now and when i get to the login window it asks for my square "username" - is that the same as my square email i use to login square ? 

Message 2 of 3

I use my banking log-in to sign into plaid once I've selected my bank. I have to reconnect my account each time. Just tallied it up, 15 popups/clicks to pay via ACH with plaid. 

Message 3 of 3