x

Square Chip Card Reader not working properly

its been like 5 months my card reader is not working please help me out i tried everything i always do manuel some customers don't like it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

What exactly is the problem? Not connecting? Timing out? Are the lights coming on at all?

I'd stay start with this Contactless Troubleshooting help file, and if you give us a little more detail we may be able to figure out where the problem is.

If the reader is shot, you can submit a warranty claim, but you'll have to contact customer service to get the ball rolling on it.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 5

Our contactless chip readers are not accepting chip payments but will still accept tap payments. The reader is connected as should be and everything is work aside from chip payments 

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @KulshanBrewing

Welcome back to the Seller Community! 

Give some of these troubleshooting steps a try to get your Contactless + Chip Reader working in tip top shape! 

Also, if your reader is less than a year old, you will have the option to submit a warranty to get a replacement reader. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Kassi_ ,

Unfortunately none of the troubleshooting steps have worked.

I know that the reader is connected correctly because tap payments are still processing. Could this be an issue with Square itself?

Message 5 of 5