x
Beta Member

Square KDS with Square Register Issues

Is Square KDS and Register (POS) compatible? I tested Square KDS today and the first thing I noticed is the lag when using Register. It'll get stuck in "Name or Ticket Number" and sometimes will go unresponsive. If it past that step and customers dip their card, the payment will go through endless spinning. I had to restart the register many times today cause of that issue. Restarting will temporarily fix it but after 3-5 transactions, it'll go back to that spinning payment issue. Also, online tickets that were completed last week are randomly appearing in the "Open" tab and online tickets that aren't completed are not showing the "Open" tab. After an hour of that mess, I deleted KDS and Square Register was back to normal, I didn't get any more problems.

Update: Trying Fresh KDS right now and everything is working flawlessly.  

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @meros - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Register and KDS has brought you to the Seller Community😥

I see you posted an update stating that Fresh KDS is working for you. Have you had any additional issues with your Square KDS since you posted this? Just want to confirm so I can provide the applicable next steps to you.

I'll keep an eye out for your response! 👀

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Same issue as posted here when using Square KDS. I actually stopped using it and won’t be using it when trial expires.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Got it. Thanks for confirming, @meros. Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue 😔

I reached out to the Square KDS Product Team for some help on this. They suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team via phone or email so we can file a ticket to have our engineers look into this. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4