x
Beta Member

Square Register keeps losing connection to printer

Our Square Register is connected to two printers. It keeps losing connection to just one of them. We also have a Square Stand connected to the same printer and it has been working fine. 

I have unplugged/replugged everything, ensured the correct wifi signal is being used, and done a hard reboot. This will work for a little while but then same error comes up and the register won't "see" the printer.

Any suggestion?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @Amanda_Bierock. You might want to go ahead and contact our Support Team so that they can do some additional troubleshooting and see if the issue lies with the Register or the printer.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Ended up purchasing a new Square Register. We were having issues with losing connection to the customer facing interface too. It was a bit over 5 years old, so probably just at the end of its life.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Amanda_Bierock, I am sorry you are having issues with your Register! Let's try these troubleshooting steps and if the issue keeps happening please reach out to our support team. They can investigate this further. You can reach the team at 1-855-700-6000, squ.re/contactsqsupport.I hope this helps! 

Message 4 of 5

I’ve been having this issue for over a year… people will order and the kitchen never got the order because the star bluetooth printer was no longer connected until I restart the square register.  Did you get your issue resolved?  If so, what did you do?

Message 5 of 5