x

Square Stand hardware issues since last update

I am having hardware connectivity issues with Square POS since iPad Square app update on May 25th. I have to keep unplugging USB power adapter to get them all to reconnect.

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

I'm sorry hear it @Element_Coffee. When you get a chance, please go through these connection issues troubleshooting steps for the Square Stand.

I recommend making sure that the iOS software on your iPad is up to date and, even though you're running the latest version of the app it might help to delete and reinstall it on your iPad. (Have your log in information to had before deleting and keep in mind not to delete the app if you've recently taken payments in offline mode!)

If these tips don't do the trick please call our CS team so we can escalate this to our engineers.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Best Answer

I'm sorry hear it @Element_Coffee. When you get a chance, please go through these connection issues troubleshooting steps for the Square Stand.

I recommend making sure that the iOS software on your iPad is up to date and, even though you're running the latest version of the app it might help to delete and reinstall it on your iPad. (Have your log in information to had before deleting and keep in mind not to delete the app if you've recently taken payments in offline mode!)

If these tips don't do the trick please call our CS team so we can escalate this to our engineers.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 12

My square stand keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Corrinne and welcome to the Community.

I'm sorry you're experiencing these issues with your Stand. I moved your post to this thread that exists in the Community already with some troubleshooting tips you can try since it sounds buggy. 

See Helen's answer above for these tips and how to contact us if those don't work for you. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 12

We recently implemented 2 square stands and are having issues with each location. The issue is that the stand disconnect and the readers and cash drawers no longer work. Usually to fix it, it’s a mixture of plugging and unplugging things or taking the iPad out. The option to reset the stands in settings never seems to help.

Anyone else seeing this issue? Any resolution ?

Message 5 of 12

Hi there, @JCBaseball - thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community. Good to see new faces here. Welcome!

So sorry to hear about the trouble with your new Square Stands. Hardly the experience we would want for your new setup at both of your locations!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding Stand disconnect issues. Take a look at this Best Answer from Helen for some helpful next steps to get this resolved.

Feel free to shoot me a response if you run into any hiccups!

Joe
Message 6 of 12
Beta Member

I had this issue once before back on my first square stand but my newest setup after a few weeks of use has the square stand connected... square stand disconnected... over and over so nothing works that's connected to it. Long ago when it happened it suddenly went away and worked for years after. So I'm not sure what to do as I tried everything I could find, seems like maybe the power supply for the stand is bad so it keeps kicking in and out? 

Help plz, you all are a great community 🙂

Message 7 of 12

Heya @MattHebb1995!

I moved your post to a thread where this issue was raised by @Element_Coffee before.

Check out the Best Answer above for details on connection troubleshooting.

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 8 of 12

So it's not just us having this issue, huh? We struggle to run 2-3 transactions in a row before our stand disconnects and then reconnects. This happens all day long. Also our register no longer opens on cash transactions. We have to turn the key to open it. So is this still an issue for you, Matt?

Message 9 of 12

Hey @wildroastcafe

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Square connection. If the troubleshooting steps in this thread did not help you, we suggest that you give us a call to help you troubleshoot the stand further. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

Yea I have multiple stands, I can put this tablet in any of the other stands and it works fine. It seems like the power supply is cutting in and out, I have a spare....somewhare... I found a work around by using a terminal to print receipts and orders but it's alot slower. Good times but hopefully I can find that spare kit

Message 11 of 12
Beta Member

It was working fine for a little while 

Message 12 of 12