x

Square app calculating Discount incorrectly.

The square app pre programed discounts are calculating the Discount % incorrectly. 25% off is calculating 2.5% off instead.  how can I fix this?  

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

without seeing the details it sounds like you may have a 9.75% tax INCLUDED in your $50 item.  then 20% is calculated off the item price not the tax included price and that would be $9.02.  by having a $50 tax included makes the item value $45,10.  

But as Violet said it may be easiest to diagnose the exact issue if you call support.  because the percent discounts work exactly as intended taking the % off the item price.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

That sounds interesting.  Can post a screenshot of your Square dashboard discounts page?  https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/discounts

also, a transaction would be good to see too as I have never seen a discount that says 25% give 2.5%.

Message 2 of 5

Me too. Unable to add a snapshot. But the 20% discount on $50.00 is calculating to $9.02.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @TSHOP - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your discounts has brought you to the Seller Community.

This does sound off, but it's difficult to pinpoint what may be happening without looking at your account and discount settings with you, which we aren't able to do via the Seller Community. For this type of issue, I suggest that you get in touch with our Support Team. If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

without seeing the details it sounds like you may have a 9.75% tax INCLUDED in your $50 item.  then 20% is calculated off the item price not the tax included price and that would be $9.02.  by having a $50 tax included makes the item value $45,10.  

But as Violet said it may be easiest to diagnose the exact issue if you call support.  because the percent discounts work exactly as intended taking the % off the item price.

Message 5 of 5