x

Square loan offer

I am currently at 75% paid on my current loan everything is in green and I still don’t have another offer. I have had about 7 loans and have always been offered one by now. Just curious if anyone has been getting offers  lately.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi @Mistylh4.  Offers are going out.  I received one about a month ago, and I know others who have also received offers.  Having said that, the lending market in general is pretty tight right now.  Lenders are taking longer to review and make offers.  Every lender is being very cautious about how much they have on their balance sheets. This includes Square, even though they are not a traditional lender.  My most recent offer was somewhat later (mid 80% I believe) than past offers, even with card processing that is up 30% over last year.  It’s just the nature of the lending market right now.

From the chatter here in various threads, it seems pretty certain that Square is taking longer to make new offers.  It doesn’t matter if sellers are paying them back as promised, etc.  Even those with impeccable histories are waiting, some are waiting even until after they have paid off their entire loans before getting new offers.  There’s not much you can do except wait.  Eventually an offer will come, but no one (not even Square Support) can say when or for how much.  As long as your card processing volume is going up consistently and your other stats are good, it will happen.  If your card processing volume is flat, it might take a little longer because flat sales during an inflation are never a good sign.  But flat sales are better than lower sales, eh?  So even then it will happen eventually.  It will just take longer.

Sorry I can’t be more optimistic and tell you you’ll get an offer soon.  All any of us can do is be patient.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 5

Thank you for you for the in sight 

Message 3 of 5

I am right there with you, I am at 87% and ahead of the time frame for paying back. All things are green/good. But no offer. Hopefully sometime soon 

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

This stinks. I basically left shopify to experience square because of the capital offers. I love being able to offer new product and pay off a loan fast because I'm quickly evolving into new retail. 

Message 5 of 5