x

Square mobile app no longer saving customers' credit card.

The last 3 times I tried to save a customer's credit card information through square appointment mobile app after they have paid has been unsuccessful. I get a trouble shooting message with the triangle exclamation mark. Up until now for the most part I have been successful with saving credit card information. There was the occasional hiccup where it wouldn't save a card but I dismissed it as there was something about the card. But now it seems to be a consistent issue. I doubled checked my settings and I still have it set correctly. The Square app hadn't been updated recently because I was low on memory with my phone but would that cause the problem? Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix it?  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey there! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Seller Community! This is definitely a strange issue and I do believe that if the app is out of date it could be causing some issues with saving a card on file. It will be really beneficial to clear some memory on your phone so you can do this update.

Also, can you please tell me what the error message says or provide a screenshot of the issue when you get a chance?

Below are some general troubleshooting steps we also need to try:

• Make sure that both your mobile device and Square app are up-to-date.
  • Log out of the app and sign back in. If you’re operating in Offline Mode and have pending offline payments, you won’t be able to sign out of the app. This is to prevent your pending payments from being lost.
  • Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
  • Force quit the app on your device.
  • Be sure to enable the permissions requested when you open the Square app. This access allows the Square app to communicate with your device to complete payments.
  • If you don’t have any pending offline payments, delete and reinstall the app. See Apple’s support site and Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.

Remember, if your device is in Offline Mode, don’t delete and reinstall the Square Point of Sale app. Pending offline payments will be permanently lost and the funds will not be captured if the app is deleted.

Deleting and reinstalling the app will not impact your Square account or completed payments because your data is stored on our servers. If there aren’t any pending offline payments on your account, you can delete the app, reinstall it, and log back into your account with your email address and password.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2