x
Beta Member

Square stand accessory connection issues.

I am using the square stand 2nd generation which I purchased last year. I bought two of them one works fine and is only connected to a usb printer. the one that has connectivity issues is connected to a usb printer (which is connected to a cash drawer) and a usb Contactless chip reader, as well as a plug in magstripe reader. the main problem is that the stand looses connection to these devices intermittently throughout the day (everyday). the usb chip reader will disconnect often and we will have to go into settings to reconnect. sometimes the built in chip readers in the stand do not connect either. often the printer will also not be recognized which also means the cash drawer won't open. usually I can get things back by either closing out the app completely and restarting and/or unplugging and plugging in accessories, and going into settings and reconnecting. I tried switching the usb chip reader to bluetooth since I remember a tech support person said they were working on an update for this and for now that was the best way to get it to work(that was months ago). it did help but then staff would forget to plug it back in and it would run out of battery. I have new usb hubs since I got the new stand , I have ensured all plugs are secure. Software updates automatically. the magstripe reader always works as far as I know. very frustrated since this is new hardware and the other one does not have these issues at all. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Liveoakcafe, I appreciate you reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We have not seen reports of connection issues with the Square Stand. If you have tried all of our troubleshooting steps and are still having issues this is certainly something we want to investigate further. We would contact our support team to report the issue. They can investigate this further and file a ticket if needed. You can reach support at 1-855-700-6000, squ.re/contactsqsupport. We appreciate you working with us to resolve this! 

Message 2 of 2