x
Beta Member

Square terminal and Samsung app crash

Hello!

it seems the update a couple weeks ago has caused everything to crash. We use both the square app on a brand new Samsung tablet and the square terminal. The square terminals are much slower than they were previously, and they freeze when that’s never been a problem. We are constantly having to restart the terminals in order for them to work. The app on the tablet randomly crashes. 

is there any help for this? There doesn’t seem to be a way to uninstall the update and go back to the previous version. I’m hoping this isn’t a problem directly with us. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@derekGCB Try going into the menu and settings as soon as the app loads and make sure you revert to the previous experience unless you are still using the classic UI.  I did a bug report just a couple days ago on something similar with android and the newest update.  One of the moderators may want to move this post there.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2