x

Square won't accept my physical address in rural/semi-bush Alaska & my PO box mailing address!

How can I sign up for Square when I live in a rural/semi-bush community in Alaska where the physical address isn't used for mailing but I have a post office box mailing address?? I'm getting frustrated trying to find someone who will help me accept credit cards in Alaska!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello!

That is a very good question that a lot of folks might run into. 

If you don’t currently have a physical mailing address, a legal land description or any previous physical mailing address you’ve had within the last six months, are also acceptable for activating your account. If you don’t have a physical address, you can enter General Delivery in the street address field.

Message 2 of 8

I have input my physical address but square keeps changing it to my PO Box (which I had also put on the same line) so am getting an error each time I correct the address. Square keeps inputting the PO box.  help!,,

Message 3 of 8

I was able to resolve my physical address problem by usinh the "next" button on the upper left of the screen. I was deleting the PO Box that Squre repeatly put back in when all I had to do was use the "prev" button, correct the address and then tap "next". Setup was very easy. Thanks!

Message 4 of 8

Started registering on my iphone, and hit a glitch in the address part. I changed the error from a PO box to a physical address, and each time I hit submit, it boots it back to the PO box and I cannot continue. 

In the meantime, online, I was able to register my bank account. 

I tried calling customer service, but they need a customer code to get a live person, which I have NOT gotten. This is really frustrating, as it should really be simple to rectify. I have an account apparently, since I am signed in online...how is this possible? Or am I missing where my customer code is somehow?

Any help would be great. I already sent an email, which they have not gotten back to me yet. I'm trying to set this up ASAP. 

Thanks!

Message 5 of 8

@KD this thread might help out a bit. Another seller ran into a similar issue. Check out their response. 

Message 6 of 8

thank you, EJ!  finally registered (don't ask me how I did it, I just kept trying). Now I am just confused as to how I can get the square image onto my home screen so I can just tap the app and get in to my account (there should be a picture on my phone, shouldn't there?)

Sorry to be asking something that might be so obvious!

I appreciate the help. (oh, and where would I find my customer ID?)

Message 7 of 8

@KD Once you download the app from the app store, it should appear on your home screen of your device where all of your apps are located. @KD Once you download the app from the app store, it should appear on your home screen of your device where all of your apps are located. 

If you don't see it right away, try swiping over to the next page, as it might be on a page all by itself. 

Message 8 of 8