x

UK postal code not accepted on app?

I tried to input a customer's information into the Square app on my iPhone, which has always worked perfectly before. When it came to putting in the zip code, I put in the customer's postal code (a mix of numbers and letters). Square would not accept it as a valid postal code. It seems to want the traditional zip code format for the US, for example.

Can someone please advise? Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

I have the same problem and it started yesterday!!Also can't get any email address to get help from square. Holding up business. Frustrated a bit. Any answers for other users ??

Message 2 of 6

It's weird because when you go to type in the zip code, there is the option to mix letters and numbers -- but then it doesn't accept it. This is turning into a problem, as I have many clients in the UK.

Message 3 of 6

Do you know a way to get in touch with Square customer service. Everything I go to takes me in a circle .....

Message 4 of 6

There's a "contact" link in the top right -- I think it's when you're logged into your account, or when you're in the help center. I can't recall exactly, but I sent them a message.

Message 5 of 6

Hey @MSchiller and @Mmoody, sorry about the delay!

For international cards you can enter a mixture of numbers and letters for the zip code. If this doesn't work you can try entering five 0's, sometimes international cards will accept this. 

You will also need to make sure that the CVV code and expiration date are entered correctly as well. Otherwise the card will decline. 

If you are still having trouble processing this payment give us a call! Our Support Team can take a look at whats going on. We have a great thread on how to retrieve your customer code & our phone number, check it out! 😄

Message 6 of 6