x

Unable to Add Funds to my Square Balance

I am in property management and my intention is to load my square balance with $10,000.00 for payroll as I pay contractors, hundreds, and sometimes thousands of dollars at once. I do not have any real need for sales other that perhaps getting rid of old appliances and stuff left behind by tenants.

I collect rent online for free (via ACH) using other software. If square offered free or cheaper ACH payments, I would consider accepting rent payments via square, but I do not think that they do. As such I am not currently using "sales" to fill my square balance.

Paying my contractors using my bank account instead of my square balance for payroll is very frustrating as this takes 4 business days (I might as well mail a check). If I use my Square Balance I can pay them the next day. 

Every time I try to load my square balance with my linked business debit card the transaction is denied without a clear reason. I have 3 shields for my security rating and uploaded all my business documents. I do not see a way to load my square balance via ACH from my already linked checking account.

It usually takes square about 4 – 5 days for square to remove the hold. I then try yet again to load the square balance (even with $10.00) and yet again it is denied. I have been doing this for over a month and I have been able to load my balance ONLY 2 TIMES because the transactions continue to be denied.

I currently also only have the ability to "try" load only $500.00 at a time while the website says the limit is $2000.00 at a time.

Any insight into this will be appreciated as square customer support only removes the hold, while not addressing why the hold was placed in the first place. Therefore allowing the hold to reoccur. My concern has been "escalated" many times by various agents but no one from square seems to be able to fix it.

I just want to be able to pay my contractors the next day.

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0