x

“Unable to perform request please reload page and try again”

“Unable to perform request please reload page and try again” happens every time it tries to auto save and fails in website editor. Was working fine before. Tried it on laptop, iPad, and iPhone same results. Also tried on safari, firefox, explorer. Same thing. Downloaded the weebly app and it says “site not supported editing this site is not currently supported” which I’m guessing is a whole different problem.

3am help please ... and thank you

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Alumni

Usually these type of errors are related to ISP issues. A couple questions to get clarity:

1. What exact page were you trying to navigate when you saw this error?
  2. Are all your devices using the same internet connection?

I'll be on the lookout for your reply! @Comfortfurnitur

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 24

I am getting the same error message when I try to embed code for a video on a stories page. Worked fine for the first video then the errors started. I called support twice then tried again and I was able to add 3 videos but the final video pops the error message when it auto saves. Again. This is clearly an ongoing bug that needs to be fixed. 

Message 3 of 24

I'm getting the same problem now. I'm trying to embed some code. It worked the first time, but I then made a few changes to the code and now I keep getting the "Unable to perform request please reload page and try again" message. I can't even delete the section that I added!

Anyone got any ideas?

Message 4 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @GLSports,

Are you able to clear your cache and try again? It is possible that issue is cache related and that will clear any possibility of that.  

Ellie
Message 5 of 24

Hi Ellie,

No, I'd already tried that and it made no difference. I ended up deleting the entire page and rebuilding it. A bit of meesing about, but it seems to have worked. Thanks for trying to help.

Message 6 of 24

Thanks for following up, @GLSports

Sorry it gave you such a hard time! Please let us know if there is anything else we can help out with. 

Ellie
Message 7 of 24

I see this thread is pretty old, but I'm having this same problem. Trying to edit the Appointments page. Have added embed code as well as an image gallery. Worked at first, but after some editing I'm getting this repeated error message and none of my changes will save. Tried clearing cache, tried deleting the page and rebuilding to no avail.

Message 8 of 24

Hi @junkpot 👋 Welcome to the Seller Community 😊

What browsers have you tried using, and have you attempted in a private or incognito window yet? Can you also check to make sure your browser is up to date by clicking this link

As far as content goes, where are you embedding the content from? Does the page work if you leave the embed code out? 

If your site is live, please post it here so we can take a look. Thanks! 

Message 9 of 24

Hi @BernadetteA . I've used Chrome and Safari. Does not work in incognito window. Browsers are up to date. Embed code is google calendar. And even after attempting to delete the embed code the error occurs and changes are not saved.

Here is the live site:

https://www.junkpotstudio.com/s/appointments

Message 10 of 24

Thanks! Did you make a recent change? I do not see an embed code on that page in the editor. I see you have a button linking to the calendar in the banner area. The only other sections are Service List and Image Gallery. 

If you still see the Embed Code section on your end can you please post a screenshot? 

Message 11 of 24

I had to rebuild the page again so that I could get it published for use. As a temporary solution I just included an external link to our calendar, but my preference would be to embed it on the page. I can't seem to do anything to make it work. I can seem to get it to work once. As in, paste and save one time. However, any subsequent attempts to make edits can cause the errors. The major edit I was trying to make was to resize the calendar to optimize for mobile viewing. That leads me to the second part of my needs: is there a way to code the css so that the embedded calendar will respond and scale to the device/browser size?

Message 12 of 24

"The major edit I was trying to make was to resize the calendar to optimize for mobile viewing."

Are you trying to manually edit the code that Google provided, and do you see the error happening after you make the edit?

Square/Weebly employees are not able to assist with custom code, but you can copy/paste the code you are working with here in this thread in case another community member is able to provide feedback.

Also, what type of mobile device are you viewing from? I vaguely recall an issue with how the Google calendar is displayed on iPhone, but I will need to dig through some older community threads to confirm. 

Message 13 of 24

So I've attempted to add a new embed section and upon pasting the code I did manually edit part of it and the error occurred. Then I edited to return it back to what was originally copy/pasted from Google and still having problems. This is the code without any styling code, directly from Google:

<iframe src="https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?height=600&wkst=1&bgcolor=%23ffffff&ctz=America%2FNew_Yor..." style="border:solid 1px #777" width="380" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Message 14 of 24

And I am viewing from an iPhone. If sized too wide, the calendar just gets cut off at the left and right.

Message 15 of 24

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 8.19.42 AM.pngScreenshot of editor. Embed code appears as it should in editor mode, but won't save or publish.

Message 16 of 24

I was able to confirm with a teammate that embedded Google calendars do not show properly on iPhones because the calendar is not responsive. Something in the code may be preventing you from making the edits on the page as well. 

Another seller here on community may be able to give you some suggestions as far as the code goes, but in all honestly it may be easier to find a different third party option instead of using Google. 😕 

I'll keep looking around to see if I can find any pointers or suggestions on the Apple forums.  I can't make any promises, though, since this has been an ongoing issue (even for non-Weebly/Square sites) for quite some time. 

Message 17 of 24

I just found this thread as I am having the same problem! I’ve added embed code to my store multiple times before, but I just tried to add embed code from JotForm onto a product page, and all of a sudden no changes I make on my store will save. This is from both chrome and Microsoft edge on my computer, and the Weebly app on my cellphone. On my computer I’ve cleared cookies and cache, uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome, restarted my computer, checked for updates, and did a bunch of troubleshooting, all unsuccessful. Obviously I can’t delete the page and rebuild it, as it is a product page. Please help me!!

Message 18 of 24

Hey there @myfireflydesign this one will need to be escalated over to our advanced team. When you have a moment please reach out to our support team here

JJ
Message 19 of 24

I was having the same problem. The support team told me that they cannot help me with this since this is an embed item and it is optional, in addition to it being code from a 3rd party. Hope I can figure out how to edit/update my site since I cannot add, remove, or edit the entire site (still receiving cannot save...reload). thanks for your post

Message 20 of 24

Hello I am having the same issue. I’m not trying to embed any codes but simply edit my site. Whenever I try to publish the changes, I get an error message. 

Message 21 of 24