x
Beta Member

Uncategorized filter in item library not working

In my item library, when I select the filter to view uncategorized items only, 7 items show up. They all have assigned categories.

If I switch from "uncategorized" to the specific category for each of those items, the items do show up in the correct category as well.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @NeishaArceo.  I tested this in my item library and didn’t see that.  So, as you probably suspect, there seems to be something in either your library or your account that has gone astray.  Here are a few things to check:

1. Are you sure that you haven’t duplicated some items in your library, and that the duplicates aren’t uncategorized?
  2. I’d remove those items from all categories, and then assign them to categories again.  This might fix whatever pointers or such are messed up internally.
  3. Lastly, just in case, you should clear your browser’s cache and browsing history, force close your browser, then restart it.  Check to see if this fixes the problem.

If none of that works, come back here and post. A few screen shots (or a video) would be very helpful.  I’ll tag a few Square moderators who should be able to escalate this to the engineers for you.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hi @NeishaArceo.  I tested this in my item library and didn’t see that.  So, as you probably suspect, there seems to be something in either your library or your account that has gone astray.  Here are a few things to check:

1. Are you sure that you haven’t duplicated some items in your library, and that the duplicates aren’t uncategorized?
  2. I’d remove those items from all categories, and then assign them to categories again.  This might fix whatever pointers or such are messed up internally.
  3. Lastly, just in case, you should clear your browser’s cache and browsing history, force close your browser, then restart it.  Check to see if this fixes the problem.

If none of that works, come back here and post. A few screen shots (or a video) would be very helpful.  I’ll tag a few Square moderators who should be able to escalate this to the engineers for you.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Removing the categories and then re-assigning them did the trick, thanks.

Message 3 of 3