x
Beta Member

Undo recieved Purchase Order

Due to a communication error, two seperate purchase orders were created and received for the same shipment. I already went into the item and did a manual inventory recount to reflect to correct. But, the incorrect purchase order is still in the list and It doesn't seem I'm able to cancel or undo the received order. How do I remove or cancel this erroneous record?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Welcome to the Seller Community!!

If you need to update the information associated with a received purchase order, just head to your online Square Dashboard. You’ll be able to edit the items, stock received, unit costs, fees, and taxes.

To edit a historical purchase order:

1. Log into your Square Dashboard.
  2. Navigate to Items > Inventory Management > Purchase Orders.
  3. Click on the purchase order you’d like to edit.
  4. From the purchase order details page, select Edit Order.
  5. Update the information and click Save.

If you’re using the Square for Retail app:

1. From the Navigation bar at the bottom of your screen, tap InventoryNote: If you’re using Square for Retail on an iPhone, tap the list icon to view Inventory.
  2. Tap Purchase Orders > tap the appropriate purchase order under the Active list.
  3. Select the item(s) needing update to open the Modify Receiving Item screen.
  4. Edit the appropriate information and repeat those steps for any affected items > tap Save to finish editing.

When you edit a purchase order for sold inventory, your COGS report will update for the timeframe the items were sold in.

For example: Let’s say you accept a purchase order for a canvas tote bag, and the unit cost is $10. You sell the tote bag for $35, so your profit is $25. Later on, if you update the unit cost on the original purchase order to $15, your COGS report will update to reflect the new profit amount of $20.

Note: Vendor Management is not available with Square for Retail Free. If you’re using Square for Retail Plus on an iPhone, vendor management will be available on your online Square Dashboard, but not in-app.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

I know how to edit a purchase order, the problem is that I'm unable to edit it after it has been recieved. I can only add new items to the purchase order, but I can't remove already received. I want to get rid of it precisely because this will affect my COGS report.

Message 3 of 8

I see. To do this, you would need to edit the item in Inventory History, not from the Purchase Order itself. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

It would be great to have a feature of being able to edit/cancel in the case of a purchase order or items being marked as received accidentally. It is such a pain to have to go to the individual item and edit the quantities when an error like this is made, especially when the purchase order has numerous items on it. 😞

Little by little we human beings are confronted with situations that give us more and more clues that we are not perfect.
-Fred Rogers
Message 5 of 8

I agree it would be great to be able to "reverse" a purchase order. Sometimes we make mistakes, or receive all the items and then realize one is damaged afterwards.

This just happened with a shipment of books. The publisher issued us a credit memo, but there's no way to edit the purchase order to show that these were never actually received into inventory. I can edit the book quantity in the item itself, but it still shows that we received goods for the total amount of the original invoice, not the amount that is actually due once we apply the credit memo

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

I have the same problem. Received a Purchase Order with mistakes. COGS are incorrect now, and I want to correct it.

> To do this, you would need to edit the item in Inventory History, not from the Purchase Order itself. 🙂

So I went to inventory history, but nothing is editable. How do  I edit the inventory history?

Also, bug report: when I try to edit the purchase order it has 500 items (imported by spreadsheet), and it doesn't load the editor. Safari. https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/inventory/history/purchase-order/edit/YIBDLVYZOWEI2PDL

Pasted_Image_5_14_24__2_05 PM.png

Message 7 of 8

Hi there @EastRace,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question!

Once you've navigated to your Inventory History page, you need only to select an individual item from this page to adjust the stock count for received items. The Receive Detail window should look like my attached screenshot.

Since you're also experiencing some issues managing your purchase order, I recommend that you try the following Dashboard troubleshooting steps to see if this helps to resolve these issues for you.

1. Make sure that your browser is up to date. Here are instructions for how to do so for our supported desktop browsers: Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Safari. Supported browser versions include: Chrome 107+ (macOS, Windows), Chrome 90+ (Android), Edge 106+ (macOS, Windows), Firefox 106+ (macOS, Windows), Safari 16.0+ (iOS, macOS).

2. Clear the cache on your browser. Instructions for clearing your cache will vary depending on your browser. Accessing the Help menu on your browser should allow you to locate step-by-step instructions.

3. Switch to a different browser: Chrome, Edge, Firefox, or Safari. Double check that you are running the most up-to-date version of these browsers.

Keep us in the loop with how you go on your end!

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 8 of 8