x

How do I fix the "Not Secure" message on my site?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Website 'NOT SECURE' . How do I fix this?]

My newly published website powered by Weebly is coming up "NOT SECURE' when I open it from my iPhone. How do I fix this issue?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Super Seller Alumni

I found this solution:

Go to the Settings tab and click the "Enable" button for SSL, then re-publish

https://community.weebly.com/t5/Lounge/How-do-I-secure-a-site/m-p/84962#M2096

Message 2 of 12
Alumni

Hello @ittybitty,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Go ahead and try the steps @jjgard recommended, if you are still encountering an issue, please respond with your URL here and we can take a look. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for your advice. I can't find SSL under settings. I posted a screenshot in this thread of the options I see when I click settings. Perhaps I'm in the wrong 'settings?' I can't figure it out.

All suggestions are welcome.

Margie

Message 4 of 12
Alumni

Hi @ittybitty,

We are continuing to look into this with our Weebly Team and will be back as soon as we have an update. We appreciate the patience. 

Alex_
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 12

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't find the SSL option in my settings. Maybe I am in the wrong 'settings'? Here's a screenshot of what I see in settings.

Thank you for your help on this.Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 5.01.05 PM.png

Message 6 of 12

I am having the same exact problem, and can't find the SSL certificate on my settings either! this just started...i have had my website for about a year, with no problems!

www.optimysmonline.com 

Message 7 of 12
Alumni

@nmatysiak,

I went ahead and ran more tests, and It seems to appear as a secure connection on both chrome and safari on my mobile device.

Is it still appearing not secure through your device? 

Let me know!

Alex_
Message 8 of 12

still not secure on my computer...i use chrome, and i have had customers let me know they can't get on it, or purchase once on it.

the issues started the day I upgraded, i am noticing...

N

Message 9 of 12

also, same on my phone.

support let me know they were resetting it over a week ago, and said it would be fixed within  24 to 48 hours...perplexed.

Message 10 of 12

I contacted Robert through Weebly support and he worked it out. All is good now.

Thanks for the followup.

Margie 

Message 11 of 12
Alumni

@ittybitty

Understood. I've sent you a private message with next steps and details on how to move forward. Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Alex_
Message 12 of 12