x

What do red numbers mean when typing in card number?

What does the red numbers mean when i type in a card number?

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @Steve2

This happens when the card number is incorrect or is not a supported card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, or Discover). Please touch base with your customer to confirm their card number or request a different payment card. 💳

Please take a look at our payment troubleshooting tips for more information.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Good question! Often the red numbers mean something's been entered incorrectly. You'll want to verify with your customer that what you've entered is valid.

Take a look at our payment troubleshooting article for more tips.

Message 2 of 12

I can add dollar amount of charge, then type in card number manually.Number turns red and I can do nothing  else????

Message 3 of 12
Square

Hi @mikel — It looks like another seller had the same question, and received an answer. Check out the reply from George and let us know if that helps!

Message 4 of 12

auto station

Message 5 of 12
Square

Sounds like there might be a typo in the credit card number you are entering. If any of the credit card information entered via manual entry is invalid, the credit card numbers will turn red and your device may vibrate.

Message 6 of 12

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Manual entering”. The original author has been notified via email.

I am trying to manually enter customers number but it stops and turns red at end of credit card number . I have done it many times manually before but it won't work now . 

Message 7 of 12
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @Steve2

This happens when the card number is incorrect or is not a supported card (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX, or Discover). Please touch base with your customer to confirm their card number or request a different payment card. 💳

Please take a look at our payment troubleshooting tips for more information.

Message 8 of 12

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Manual enter card

I’m trying to manually enter a card and the number I put in will turn red then I can’t go any further 

Message 9 of 12
Super Seller

if the numbers turn red it means it is an unsupported card or the numbers are being entered wrong.

Message 10 of 12

The numbers turn red. I have the customer's card and the numbers are correct. Also, the card is VISA.

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Austin2 - thanks for reaching out and letting us know about this.

As others have mentioned above, red numbers within the card field space indicate that the card is either void or that the card numbers are incorrect. 

If you continue to have trouble, we recommend reaching out to your customer to confirm the card number - or try a separate card.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 12 of 12