x

When Rewards Don't Work

We gerally enjoy the rewards program, customers seem to as well, however far too often our rewards system has a wierd glitch where it will not recognize any of our reward items as redeemable, try the transaction again and it works just fine.However our employees don't always have the time to re-ring the order because other customers are waiting. 

The only resolution we have is to give the item away, using the discount option, and the reward remains.  I know you can adjust stars on the customer profile, but not rewards that I am aware of.  I now have several customer profiles I need to take rewards away from, when I inquired with Square they said they'd look into it and was later met with a survey and no answers.  Anyone else experiencing this issue with rewards and can recomend any solutions?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Thanks for bringing this to our attention @MikeDelight. That certainly doesn't sound normal.

Have you had a chance to do any troubleshooting steps for the Point of Sale app? Making sure you're using the most recent version of the app, and updating your device (phone/tablet) typically fix glitches like this.

But if this continues to happen, can you take a screenshot of the message that shows when a reward isn't redeemable? Please also make a note of the customer's transaction (the date, time, amount of their transaction, and their reward code). With that information call our CS team and they'll escalate this to our engineers. 

In the meantime, you can remove a reward from customer's profile, but only from your online Square Dashboard (not the app). This Support Center article has the steps to void a reward from the Customer Directory on your Dashboard

Let me know if you have any questions or if you'd like me to start an email case for you with the CS team to get screenshots/information about this issue. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2