x

Why do online store orders get hung up, customers unable to complete the order

Many of our online store customers can't complete orders; when they try to complete their orders, the spinning circle hangs and doesn't go away. So they give up, or believe their order has been completed, but their order is never sent to us.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hi there @Risenshinevt - sounds like something is off here.

Are you using the old online store, or have you moved over to the new Square Online Store?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

My online store is experiencing the same spinning issue. How can this be resolved?? I am using the online dashboard and a weebly site.

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @jfkbira - so sorry to hear about the trouble here with your Online Store. We are here to help!

Are you seeing this spinning issue when testing an order through your store? Or are customers seeing this? Also, where exactly are you running into this?

If you're seeing this yourself when attempting a test transaction or Online Store view, we would recommend running these troubleshooting steps - they should weed out any outstanding issues.

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Message 4 of 9

My customers are receiving the spinning issue when trying to complete their purchase. They encounters a spinning circle after inputting credit card information above the "next" button next to "add a gift card' and "add a coupon code"

Message 5 of 9

Got it! Thanks for the quick response, @jkfbira. Are multiple customers experiencing this issue? This sounds like a browser glitch. We would recommend that if customers are having issues completing payment, they specifically try to complete using Google Chrome - the Online Store is specifically optimized for Google Chrome.

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Message 6 of 9

This customer was using google chrome. There is only one customer we are aware of of this issue. We have not had another purchase since Aug. 28th. 

Message 7 of 9

Got it! Thanks again, @jkbira - have them give a try to these troubleshooting steps. The device they are using should also be running its most up-to-date software, as well.

Joe
Message 8 of 9

I just had this complaint as well... can you look into it? 

Message 9 of 9