x

Why does the app automatically close during checkout?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: The app automatically closes during checkout]

Hey guys, anyone else have issues while checking out a client? Right as i hit the “Charge” button, the entire app closes automatically. It’s been two days, i thought it may be a glitch on my ipad, but i restarded it several times and waited it out, and its still doing it. 

Please help! 

-Justine 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Jperez91!

Welcome to the Seller Community. 

Sorry to hear about that. That sounds glitchy. Below are the most common troubleshooting steps that we suggest when the app continues to force quit in checkout:

• Make sure that both your mobile device and Square app are up-to-date.
  • Log out of the app and sign back in. If you’re operating in Offline Mode and have pending offline payments, you won’t be able to sign out of the app. This is to prevent your pending payments from being lost.
  • Turn your mobile device off and then back on.
  • Force quit the app on your device.
  • Be sure to enable the permissions requested when you open the Square app. This access allows the Square app to communicate with your device to complete payments.
  • If you don’t have any pending offline payments, delete and reinstall the app. See Apple’s support site and Google’s support site for instructions on how to do so.

Remember, please do not delete the app if you've taken any payments in Offline Mode that are still pending. They will be lost if you do so.

In my experience, deleting and reinstalling the app resolves most glitches. Let me know if this continues to occur. We want to make sure everything is running smoothly! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 2