x

Why won't my bank account verify/link?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Banking Link Information Disappears]

I have entered my banking information at least 7 times by this point.  The bank account initially validates but then 2 -3 days later the information disappears and shows that no bank is linked.  I have verified all information is correct.  I need guidance on how to move forward.

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @apclk-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

I wouldn't be able to say the exact reason that your bank account isn't linking, given that would be account specific information. In general, your bank account verification can fail for a variety of reasons.

These are a few things to keep in mind before you try to link your bank account again:

1. Use a transactional bank account. Prepaid cards and non-transactional accounts aren’t supported with your Square Account.
  2. Double check your bank account number and routing information with your bank.
  3. Ensure you have at least $1.00 in your bank account before you begin verification. We need to transfer and withdraw a small amount to ensure we can communicate with your bank account.

With this in mind, I would suggest linking a different transactional account, such as checking or savings account.

I hope this is helpful. If you continue to have issues, please call our Support Team as they will be able to take an actual look at your account. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Nazarchurch and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 22 of 24

I thought I was loosing my mind as this happened to me and my new 2022 invoices are now being sent to my old bank account. It is beyond frustrating!

Message 23 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @collegeoptions

What kind of bank account are you trying to link? If it's an internet based bank, it will not verify. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 24