x

Why won't my contactless reader connect every time?

The contactless reader will only work parttime. I even bought a new one thinking the first one was defective or old. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

I'm sorry to hewar this @nativeway2b.

Can you provide a bit more information about your current set up? What device are you using to connect the reader? Are you running the latest version of the Point of Sale app on your device? These troubleshooting steps usually help resolve most pairing issues. Included in that article are the steps to make sure the reader is charged and how to reset your reader. 

It might also be helpful to call our Customer Success team so nothing is missed. I want to make sure you can use the reader whenever you need it! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6

When we received an email a few weeks ago in regards to the chip reader update, I followed the directions and nothing happened. The next day my contactless + chip reader will not recognize. The message says to turn on Bluetooth. My Bluetooth is always on. The Bluetooth in my settings will not find the Square reader. I have 4 green lights so I know it is charged. It was fine until the update crap.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Bodine! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your thread here to one of the existing threads on chip reader trouble. 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble since the update. There's some troubleshooting steps listed above here by @Helen you can check out.

I would also recommend making sure your device is compatible as well.

If none of these steps work- Helen also detailed how to contact our Support Team directly for further assistance. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

I emailed Square and Karrisa helped. I had to pair it again the it updated the reader software and now works fine.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

This is great to hear, Bodine! Thanks so much for letting us know. Happy Selling! 😎

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6