x
Beta Member

Woocommerce/Square - new products don't get sales tax applied in Square

I have linked my woocommerce account to my Square account. When I create new products in Woocommerce, they get automatically created in Square, but the default sales tax category doesn't get applied to the new items when they get created in Square. So the items end up selling with no sales tax unless I remember to go in and manually apply the sales tax category to the new items.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @mike109, thanks for flagging. Sorry for the confusion on this. I went to check for any known solutions on our end, but it looks like this feature is managed by WooCommerce directly. For additional insight, you may want to check in with the WooCommerce team.

Hope this helps get you in the right direction. Let us know if anything else comes up!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks @Tom. I followed up with Woocommerce and it sounds like there is no direct mapping between sales tax on their end and sales tax on your end. I still find it odd that if my default is to automatically add sales tax to new products that I create, when they get created through Woocommerce and passed to Square by that means, the default becomes 'no sales tax.' Is this something you can pass along as a potential fix?

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

Hi @mike109 - I can definitely pass this on to our team for you, but it sounds like you should also follow up with Woocommerce. I think Tom mentioned that their platform is responsible for the feature. 

Message 4 of 4