x

iPad won’t charge

I have two square stands and both today stopped charging my iPad and chip reader. I’ve updated my iPad and square app. I’ve disconnected the stand and reconnected it. Everything works (the stand and chip reader are connected, takes all payments, and it opens the cash register), but I have to keep taking the iPad out to charge it with a normal phone charger plugged into the iPad. Any other thoughts, my stand is the 9.7 size one. Thanks

Also I tried all new power and usb cables from a newer bigger square stand and there is no difference, but if I plug my smaller 9.7 iPad into the newer bigger square stand it charges. 

thanks for any help

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@TDavis831 ,

Since your Chip Reader and Ipad are not charging this sounds like the USB hub may have gone bad.

You also mentioned that you take your Ipad out to charge every night, but did not mention how you are charging your Chip Reader.  If your chip reader is charging through the hub then that eliminates the hub as being bad.  Since I only have the bigger Square Stands I am not sure if the the charging cables that plug into the bottom of the Square Stands are the same, but if they are and you tried one from a larger stand and the Ipad still is not charging, I would guess the stand itself may have gone bad.  The Ipad charges on the larger Stand as you have mentioned so it is not the Ipad, which only leaves the Stands.  My only question still is how are the Bluetooth chip readers being charged since you say they stopped charging also.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@TDavis831 It sounds like a hardware issue if the tablet will not charge.  Generally the printer may be doing the work of opening your drawer.  I would check the cord to the power brick and then check the cord that goes to the actual USB hub where the reader plugs in.  The next thing is to make sure the cord from the usb hub to the stand is all plugged in good and seated.

Sometimes I have had to unplug and replug up my stand to reset it.  It is strange that both stands quit at the same time...have you also checked the outlet and/or power strip they are plugged into to make sure you have good power?

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 3