x

specific times available for items

How do you add specific times for different items in the online store?  I followed this https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7075-set-up-time-based-categories-in-your-square-online-stor...  but the option to set dates & times when I scroll down the 'select items for category page' isn't there for me.  I want to stop selling sandwiches 1 hour before we close but continue to sell pastries and drinks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @javabreak

Whenever you go to categories, are you seeing something like this? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I am having the same issue and I do not see the Set Availability for online orders

Velma
Message 3 of 7

Hi there, @CookieGram - are you trying to view this option from the Square Dashboard or rather the Online Store Dashboard? 

Feel free to share a photo of what you're seeing here in case you are unsure.

Joe
Message 4 of 7

Hi Joe,

I'm having a similar issue.  When I created my categories I WAS able to set availability times, but now, for some reason, those options are "gone" and I am no longer able to adjust or even see my category(s) availability.

I'm looking in the Online Store Dashboard, under Items/Categories (pics below)

Do I need to edit the actual item's prep time?  Confused as to why I was originally able to edit/include category availability, now not.  

Thanks

Online Items/CategoriesOnline Items/CategoriesCategory options (no availability)Category options (no availability)

Message 5 of 7

Hmmmm... very interesting @SKVT, just to double check, is your full Online Store accepting orders currently? If not, you will want to make sure it is enabled to to do in order to schedule category availability times.

This could also be a prep-time issue as you suggested. To be eligible for purchase, items in a time-based category must be ordered with enough time to allow for fulfillment within the selected location’s pickup and delivery hours, including prep time and delivery estimates.

If you edit your prep times within troubleshooting and still continue to experience this issue, we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly for more assistance. They can take a deep dive into your Online Store settings with you.

Joe
Message 6 of 7

I am having the same issue and I do not see the Set Availability for online orders

Velma
Message 7 of 7