x
Beta Member

star matronics sticky printer printing entire order at once

Hello,

A few weeks ago our start matronics printer started printing the entire order all at once! As in sticky tickets self printing and not doing the print and wait for the next item to print. It's just spitting them all out (with a cut between each item) but all at once which is a sticky mess!!

Any ideas why?

Thank you!

~Annie

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @TFBO

Happy to see you back in the Community. 

I'm a little confused about what's going on here. 

Is this a Star Micronics printer for sticky labels? 

What type of labels are you printing with it? Is it for online or in-person orders? 

I'm happy to dig around once we get some more details, but it might be easier to figure this one out with our direct support team, who can help you via phone and look at your account settings. You can reach them here: squ.re/contactsqsupport

I'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Thank you

Frances
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Star matronics printer(s) for sticky paper. We have one for in person with our Square Register and one for online orders connected to a tablet. We have had them in use for about a year. They would print one ticket at a time and wait for you to take that ticket and then print the next ticket, wait for you to take that ticket and then print the next ticket of the order.

A few weeks ago both began printing the entire order at once. So picture sticky tickets spewing out at once and sticking on anything they touch, but mostly just sticky to themselves in a tangle. The bigger the order, the bigger the tangled mess.

Thanks for the help,

~Annie

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

Yes it's Star Micronics sticky printer(s). 

2 printers:

1 for in-person order tickets connected usb to our square register. 

1 for online orders connected usb to our tablet. 

Both printers are not doing the 'taken ticket' feature. The just spew out the entire order tickets all at once.

I have worked with Star and they gave the instructions to make sure that sensor is on, and it is.

I suspect this may have something to do with the new Printer Profiles by Square. 

I have uninstalled everything, done a factory reboot, reinstalled, etc....2 times. What a pain in the brain.

Help! These sticky ticket orders spewing all tickets at once is a sticky mess.

~Annie

Message 4 of 8

Hi @TFBO 👋 Violet here, following up for Frances. It looks like you still need help with this, so I kept the ball rolling on your inquiry.

For this issue, we can certainly provide some general troubleshooting steps. If this doesn't improve things, we'll need you to connect with our Support Team so they can gather the information required to create a support ticket, as we cannot access your Square account information here in the Seller Community. Then, our engineers can investigate this further.

If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Please let us know if the troubleshooting steps resolve the issue. We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Violet
Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Hello Violet,

I did reach out to Square support team. Had a great gal that said our software  version needed to be updated. (I wasn't in front of my register, so I couldn't confirm nor deny. Though I do have it set to update automatically.) 

She said she would wend me instructions in an email and would follow up after I updated. 

I went to my register and it IS already updated and running the newest version. SHE DID NOT SEND ME AN EMAIL & OBVIOUSLY DID NOT FOLLOW UP. Such a huge waste of my time, so now I'm circling back around and trying again.

I still need help asap as we just can't keep having piles of sticky tickets printing each order all at once.

Feeling desperate. 

Thanks,

~Annie

Message 6 of 8

@TFBO - Sorry to hear about your experience with our Support Team. I have escalated your feedback so it can be reviewed.

I'm not sure what instructions they meant to send you, aside from what I linked in my last post. They may have meant instructions on how to check the software version on your Register, which you stated you've already done.

Since we have exhausted all of the available troubleshooting steps and nothing has changed, we should have you reconnect with our Support Team so that they can file a support ticket for our engineers to investigate this behavior further.

Violet
Message 7 of 8
Beta Member

Hi, we have the same issue here. We used to register before, and yesterday, we used Square Stand. Before that, our sticky printer was printed one ticket at one time and after you took that ticket, you printed another one. This way will keep the ticket organized. But after we changed to the stand, we kept all settings the same regarding the printer; the printer printed all the tickets simultaneously, which messed up the tickets. I tried troubleshooting the printer and reconnecting all the hardware and printer profiles, but it didn't help. We even tried to return to the register, but the printer still printed all the tickets simultaneously. Any setting can solve this? It seems like there has been a solution here. I called the support line, and they read a troubleshooting article to me and said, Unfortunately, we can only help with this. 

Message 8 of 8