x
Beta Member

why is the pos closing itself down after a cash sale and then not recording the transacation?

Recently my pos system has started doing something random.  Periodically after a cash sale has been rung up and the cash drawer opens, the system shuts itself down and then upon opening it back up, the transaction hasn't been recorded.  We have to ring the transaction again to make sure it posts.  This only happens with cash sales and not CC.  This is becoming a problem as coincidentally, two days in a row, my cash drawer has been short.  I think there is a correlation of the system not properly recording sales and not knowing exactly what should be in the drawer at closing.  I will be calling tech support tomorrow when they open.  If anyone has thoughts on this or experienced this too, please let me know.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

yes, something like that will require calling in.  make sure you have the transactions that were affected handy so that you can give them the reference to look at when looking at the transaction history.

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

Does this happen immediately after closing the sale?  I've heard reports that if you don't press 'New Sale' fairly soon after a cash sale, the sale could be lost.

Judy T Shumway
Message 3 of 3