x

The printer that I was sent from square won’t connect to our POS.

I spoke to square earlier and they told me I had to change the factory settings on the Epson printer they sent me to connect via USB but there are no instructions on how to do this and the phone lines are down. Help!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

That is the model of the printer?

Message 2 of 7
Admin

Hi @Brazilianbites,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community 🙂

Can I confirm that you are trying to connect the printer via a USB hub on a Square Stand? If so, please see:

1. The instructions at the bottom of this page to set the printer to USB mode https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5515-printer-troubleshooting

2. Once you've set the printer to USB mode, follow the steps here for setting up an ethernet printer - the process is the same for USB apart from steps 3-4. Instead of plugging an ethernet cable into a router you're plugging a USB cable from the printer into a USB hub on the Stand. https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5729.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood the nature of the request, or if you have any more questions about setting up the printer 👍

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Just ordered a kitchen printer. It won't connect and is not recognized

I am in need of exchanging this kitchen printer I just purchased since the white stand doesn't recognize the printer nor will it pick up the bluetooth.

How do I resolve this mess?

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

You may not need to exchange the printer just yet, as there are troubleshooting steps to walk through that might help. 

Have you tried any already? If so, what steps did you take? @freemangunnell

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Turn your device completely off and then back on. Delete and re-install the Square Point of Sale app. Turn your receipt printer off and unplug all cables. Plug all cables back in and turn the receipt printer on.

Message 6 of 7

There is a possibility that the printer that you were sent from square wont connect to your POS. If this is the case, you will need to take the printer to a local store or purchase a new printer.

Message 7 of 7