x

Using a different currency than my local currency

My business is based in Aruba so my square account automaticly defaults to AFL. But in Aruba we can transact in USD, meaning that all the invoices and payments can be managed in USD. Is there a way of changing the currency from AFL to USD? Thank you very much.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hey @dbarlev! There isn't a way to change the currency that shows in your Point of Sale app - it's determined by the country that you've activated your account in. I'll share your feebdack with the Point of Sale team.

Keep in mind, as you're not located in a country where card processing is available you can only record payments with the app - you won't receive deposits for payments accepted with Square! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 5

I live in El Salvador. Our currency has been the US dollar since 2001, but the Colรณn symbol shows up. ๐Ÿ™„Can this be fixed?

Message 3 of 5

Hey guys I bought this for my business but it shows colon still and as this has mention before in 2020 has not been change and is now 2022 please fix this bug is not supposed to be like this please make an updated! Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @juandavies03,

Welcome to the Community.

Check out this Best Answer from one of my teammates. 

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 5 of 5