x
Beta Member

Teams - Extended Free Trial

Literally, EVERY Square client that I have worked with has had to end up paying for Teams Plus for at least a month in order to give me full access to their accounts. This is UNACCEPTABLE.

Many clients use payroll and timeclock but don't have the need to use Team Plus because their team simply doesn't need additional access. But when I am working with them, they generally need to give me full access which requires them to subscribe to Team Plus. Yes, there is a 30-day free trial, but Square Partners need to be allowed to extend that to 60 or sometimes 90 days in order to finish a project without having an angry business owner.

This is true for ALL business types but it's especially necessary for restaurants because their profit margins are already so tight that spending that extra $40/month enrages them.

I spent two weeks trying to get a free trial extension for a restaurant I was working with and never got the help I needed. It all comes down to a lack of understanding on the part of the people who are "selling" the Square platform and terrible partner support. In fact, during one of the partner's support phone calls, the man I was speaking with told me flat out that because they are using the service they need to pay for it and it's my fault for not understanding that. This obviously made my blood boil and I told him that it should not be the responsibility of the business to pay for something they only need so that I can work on the project that Square sent me. He then proceeded to keep repeating the same stuff over and over until he eventually started yelling at me. So I hung up. I wish I would have gotten his name because whoever that was, should be fired.

If a business chooses to use the Square platform and is told they will be paying for X, Y, and Z but is then thrown random fees during the project, they are obviously going to be mad. But guess who gets yelled at, screamed at, treated like they don't know what they are doing, etc. I'll give you a hint it's neither of the two people listed above, it's me and I'm sick of it.

Alyssa Anderson
Designalyssa
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello @designalyssa,

Good to see you posting again even under these circumstances. 😊

Sorry to hear about your frustrations with what you have been encountering. We appreciate you leaving feedback as well. If you'd like, you can feel free to reach out to me with any other questions you may have.

We'll also be sure to pass along your feedback. I look forward to hearing from you! 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2