x

Why doesn't my company's name show up on any generated report??

Am I the only one here that realizes that my company's name does not show up on any generated report.  Try it!  The Square logo shows up but not my company's name.  When i generate a report for my bank my name shows up on every page, not with square.  I am **bleep**ed that it has taken me 2 years to discover this. 

We pay for speed. I could have easily use my banks pos (which i will be looking into).  But, square was simple and user friendly, especially for small businesses.  Until you need to generate reports for a loan or to show you are a legitimate growing business.  None of your reports say Your business name.  It either only show the specified dates and no business or the square logo and the report.  Am I the only one who thinks this is suspect? 

When I called the company for help they kept telling me to export the time frame needed.  When I did that, I got a bogus excel sales summary that looks so suspect no company would take you seriously and it also did not have my business name.    He put me on hold then said, go to report, items, etc, it shows all of your transactions.  He was right, it shows every transaction in my business name that was forwarded to my bank. However, you cannot download it, you can only print it. When you print that page, it only prints the five transactions that's in preview.  So for 95 transactions in one week, I would have to print  out 19 pages. I still have the rest of the month to go. He put me on hold, to consult his colleagues then came back  (with an attitude) Ma'am just print out the monthly emails we send you.  I asked him if he got that from a business would he take me seriously?  Again with an attitude he said there is no other way!  I asked to speak with a manager, he said everyone will tell me the same thing.  

I ask him about square becoming a bank a few months ago.  He agreed that they are indeed a bank.  I said so, why are we not able to generate company transactions funneled through this bank with our BUSINESS name on it.  Instead, the square logo is on everything.  He ended the call.

I will cancel this account. 

Let me add that under custom reports, you can add your Business full name and address to a custom report.  However you cannot download it and when you print it at the very bottom of the page, there are scrambled letters and your business name and addressed is mixed in with those words. 

This is baffling, I thought this company helps small business grow and look professional.  What i am asking for is doable because the square brand is all over my stuff.  Why is this company set up to diminish my company name and highlight there's? 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Thanks for your message. I understand your frustration in not being to generate the reports that you need. Can I ask, do you use any additional accounting software for your business? While Square is great for showing sales summary and transaction information, a business' sales data is only one portion of their entire accounting activity. General accounting software not only shows and uses the Sales data from Square, but it also shows all the expenses a business generates, such as utility bills, rent or mortgage payments, raw materials bought, office and misc supply expenses for the operation of a business. Those expenses are not part of Squares payment processing, sales, and inventory management. I know it's important for your bank to see your Sales data and how successful your business is, but if you generate reports through your main accounting software you'll also be able to provide your bank with your expense data....which in turn will also generate standard accounting reports such as a P&L (Profit and Loss) Statement and a Balance Sheet.

Some accounting software is available on the Square App marketplace and will integrate with your Sales data. You can find that here: https://squareup.com/us/en/app-marketplace

A common one you may have heard of is called Quickbooks, but if you google small biz accounting programs you'll find several others. Try some out and see what feels comfortable to you, ask other business owners and your bank; they may have a recommendation as well.

I'd also strongly recommend contacting a local accountant or business bookkeeper; having an accounting professional to help initially setup your books and chart of accounts could help keep your data well organized especially when it comes time to file your end of year taxes.

I hope this might help and best of luck in your business. It's been a challenging time for all small businesses and please know that the Square Seller Community is here for each other and tries to offer peer assistance and advice as best as we can.

Charlie
Homestyle Charlie
Handmade Heirloom Ornaments & Charms
Check our links for retail Etsy orders and Wholesale Ordering Info
Message 2 of 2