x
streamlinedrone

Re: Can I collect a security deposit with Square?

Also I need this for my business. Or to be able to apply a discount when creating the final invoice and not have the taxes reduced below what they should be.

Message 31 of 38
Admin

Hey @strealinedrone! 

Have you had a chance to check out the thread Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta

Message 32 of 38
streamlinedrone

Thanks

Thanks so much! I checked it out!

Message 33 of 38
LittleWagon

Recharge a customer for lost or damaged items.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Recharge a customer for lost or damaged items

I have a rental equipment company and am wondering how I can charge a card a customer used online or that charged on my app for lost or damaged items?  I have no way of seeing the full card number to do a manual charge and do not see an option to do an additional charge on their credit card.  How do I do this? Thanks!

Message 34 of 38
Admin

Re: Recharge a customer for lost or damaged items.

@LittleWagon There isn't a way to charge a customer again for lost or damaged items I'm afraid. I've merged your post into this thread where other we're tracking this request. If there are any updates you'll automatically be notified now that your post is in this thread! 

Message 35 of 38
Jean-City

I provide rentals and would also like the option to hold and refund a deposit through the Square app. 

Message 36 of 38
Highlighted
RD3

Is there a way to take a deposit that can be easily refunded for my rental customers.

I need to take a deposit that can be easily refunded for my customers that hire my products. Has this feature been added to square yet?

thanks

Rick

Message 37 of 38
Admin

Re: Is there a way to take a deposit that can be easily refunded for my rental customers.

Hi @RD3

I've moved your post over to this existing thread that touches on the same topic. 

While your'e not able to accept a security deposit or pre-authorize a card, it might be worth checking out the following thread:

Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta

Message 38 of 38