x
Beta Member

Disabling Time Clock Functions on Square For Restaurants?

We just transitioned to the Square for Restaurants software.  We use an outside time clock/scheduling app for our purposes here at my restaurant.  I am trying to figure out how to permanently disable the time clock functions or prompts for my employee settings here.  Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Simon

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey everyone! 🌸

To disable time clock functions for Square for Restaurants, please go to the Square Dashboard > Devices > Team Management, and toggle time tracking off:

Hope that helps! 

[Updated by Moderator on October 15h, 2020]

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

@BrownButterNOLA Yes you can turn off employee time tracking from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in to your Dashboard and navigate to the Points of Sale section.
  2. Click Devices > then click on the name of a device.
  3. Scroll down to Employee Management > uncheck the box next to Track TimeAllow Employees to Clock In/Out and track breaks on the point of sale. 
  4. Click Save.

Repeat these steps for each device and your employees will no longer see the clock/prompts to clock in when they use the Restaurants app. 

Don't hesitate to reply if you have any questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 7

@Helen Has this changed?  I have followed these instructions but we are still getting the "Clock In/Out" prompt.  This needs to be fixed.  This is a PAID product.  If I'm using another solution for time keeping in my stores I don't want my employees getting confused on what device to clock in and out on.

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

Can you try signing out and back in? Sometimes, system settings don't refresh unless you login again. 

If that didn't work, reach out to our Restaurants Team so they loop in Engineering.

@cbenson

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey everyone! 🌸

To disable time clock functions for Square for Restaurants, please go to the Square Dashboard > Devices > Team Management, and toggle time tracking off:

Hope that helps! 

[Updated by Moderator on October 15h, 2020]

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 5 of 7

I looked at the solution you posted, and spent the last 20 minutes going through the settings in Square and cannot find where I can disable team members clocking in/out. This feature should not have been automatically enabled for accounts. 

Is there a way to disable the time clock per location? 

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sminc - Violet here, following up for Isabelle.

The instructions provided above are for Square for Restaurants. If you're unable to see these settings on your Dashboard, this is likely because you're on a different Square platform.

To disable Time Tracking in the Square app, visit Settings > Time Tracking > toggle Time Tracking off.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7