x

Charging my reader

A charger did not come with my new square where can I purchase one

Message 1 of 4
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: A charger did not come with my new square where can I purchase one

If its the Square Contactless + Chip Reader, it should have come with a usb cable. You can use that cable with any existing usb charger you may have (Kindle, phone, etc.). If you have one already, just pull out its usb cord and insert the Square one.

If you don't have a usb charger you can purchase one on Amazon. You can also find usb battery packs there if you don't want a wall charger.

3 REPLIES 3

If its the Square Contactless + Chip Reader, it should have come with a usb cable. You can use that cable with any existing usb charger you may have (Kindle, phone, etc.). If you have one already, just pull out its usb cord and insert the Square one.

If you don't have a usb charger you can purchase one on Amazon. You can also find usb battery packs there if you don't want a wall charger.

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

To add to @HeyItsMuff's answer, both the Square Contactless + Chip Reader and the Square Chip Card Reader come with a USB cable that you can plug into a wall charger, USB port on your computer, or any powered USB outlet.

This article walks you through charging in your device: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5413-get-started-with-the-square-chip-card-reader

Message 3 of 4

I almost missed that I had a USB cable.  I happened to remove all the information and packaging under the chip and it was covered up by the instruction manual.  Just a thought.

Message 4 of 4