x
Square Community Moderator

Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

We've heard your feedback and we are proud to announce that the beta for decimal quantities is now live for iOS! (Please note that this feature is not yet available on Android or for Invoices)

Decimal quantities enables you to sell exact quantities in the unit(s) of measure you use to conduct your business—ounces, pounds, yards, gallons, etc. By previewing decimal quantities on your Square Point of Sale, you will be able to:

• Create items to sell in decimal quantities
  • Check out customers purchasing items in decimal quantities
  • View decimal quantity items in your cart summary
  • Review sales by item quantities
  • Refund items with decimal quantities
  • Issue and display digital and printed receipts with decimal quantities
  • Review your inventory and transactions with decimal quantities in Dashboard

115300cd3f0d8997e4128.png

11526ac8f40bebdc582e3.pngIMG_2243.jpeg

By participating in this beta and providing us with feedback, you will directly influence and improve this feature. If interested, please comment to this post or reach out to betafeedback@squareup.com. From there, we'll reach out directly with the next steps! 

Thanks!

Phil, Square Beta Team

Message 1 of 288
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Decimal Quantities Beta is live!

Hi all - Our feature to bill by decimal quantities is starting to roll out now. Keep an eye out for the feature being available in your dashboard over the next week or so. 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone for your interest and for your help testing this feature on iOS. We have now launched this feature on iOS for all merchants! 

For instructions on how to use this feature on your account, please visit our FAQ page: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6681

We are currently testing this feature for Androids. If you are interested in testing this feature on Android devices, please post here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Decimal-Quantities-Beta-is-Live-for-Android-De...

Thanks again!

View Best Answer >

Message 288 of 288
287 REPLIES 287

Hi Rick! 

The feature was turned on for your account. Please check your email in a few for further instructions! 

Message 43 of 288

I would like to sign up. Thank you. 

Message 44 of 288

Hi!

Thanks for your interest. I have turned on the feature for your account. Please keep an eye out for an instructional email soon! 

Message 45 of 288

Thanks !

Message 46 of 288
Beta Member

My employees and I want to thank you so much for emplementing this feature. After seeing the detail that has been added I can see the thought process that has went behind it. With a feature that so many people needed and were asking for I feel that you would have kept bad feelings at bay if your company would have gave us some type of updates as to how the programming was progressing. I was very close to leaving but decided to stick it out another year with my hopes that this feature would be completed or for my thinking even started. I also believe that a simple decimal could have been added easily until the entire feature was ready. With that being said I have updated my items and will start updating inventory this weekend. All seems to be working great. I am happy just please keep your customers informed as most thought you were not addressing the issue at all and that is very frustrating. 

Message 47 of 288

Thank you so much for your candor and feedback. We communicate as early as we can about features that we plan on launching. Things change in ways we can't always predict, and getting to the quality we want to deliver for you can take longer than we planned, so we err on being conservative on timelines. We appreciate you sticking with us, and we're so happy decimal quantities are working for you. Please continue to share feedback, as it makes our work better every day. Thanks again!

Message 48 of 288

Hi, please sign me up!

Message 49 of 288

Hi! 

This feature was just enabled on your account. You should expect an email with further details soon!

Message 50 of 288

Love to try it. I’m a flight instructor and charge by the hour. Being able to charge for 2.5 hours would be quite useful. 

Message 51 of 288

Hi Jim, 

Please keep an eye out for an email from me! I just turned the feature on for your account. 

Message 52 of 288

Beta sign up for Decimal Quantities, please.  😄

Message 53 of 288

Hi! 

This feature has been turned on for your account. Please check your email for further instructions!

Message 54 of 288

Hi – please sign us up for this feature. Thank you for making it possible!

Message 55 of 288

Hi! 

Thanks for your interest! I have enabled this feature on your account. Please check your email for further instructions. 

Message 56 of 288

We'd love to try it out.  We sell a portion of our items in decimal quanitiies.  Does it work with Shopventory?

Message 57 of 288

Hi! 

Any of our integrated apps will have a chance to update their integration to support this feature once we launch further. In the meantime, I have enabled the feature on your account. Please feel free to reach out to us at betafeedback@squareup.com if you have any further questions. 

Message 58 of 288

I am very interested in trying the Beta Decimal version for iOS. I quit using square in 2015 but am back to using it with another business and I could definitely benefit from having decimal capability since I sell meat and deal with many packages with two decimal places. I will await your directions,

Thanks,

Jason

Message 59 of 288

Hi! 

Thanks for your interest! I have turned on the feature on your account and have sent a separate email with instructions on how to get started. 

Message 60 of 288

I would be interested in participating in this as well

Message 61 of 288

Hi, 

Thanks for your interest in this decimal quantities beta. At this point, this beta is only available to iOS users. We do not currently support this feature on Android. I have added you to my list of Android merchants to contact once this beta rolls out for that platform. We'll reach back out then! 

Message 62 of 288

I'm very interested in beta testing this for invoices when that's available. 

Message 63 of 288