x

Does square offer discounted fees for nonprofits?

Does square offer discounted fees for nonprofits?

Message 1 of 15
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Does square offer discounted fees for nonprofits?

We don't offer discounted fees for non-profits.

We offer a low, rate of 2.6% + $0.10 per transaction for all major credit cards with no additional charges. The fee for manually-entered transactions is 3.5% + 15¢.

You may be interested in the custom rates we're able to offer to organizations doing more than $250,000 per year in card processing (in addition to other factors). If your non-profit is interested, you can fill out this brief form, and a Square salesperson will get in touch.

This Support Center article outlines our fees: Learn About Square's Fees.

For a comprehensive explanation of how Square processing fees work, have a look here: Understanding Our Fees | Square Payments.

Also, we have this informative video regarding fees!

Hope that answers your question!

[This reply was edited by a moderator on August 26, 2020 to offer more visibility into Square's pricing.]

14 REPLIES 14
Alumni

We don't offer discounted fees for non-profits.

We offer a low, rate of 2.6% + $0.10 per transaction for all major credit cards with no additional charges. The fee for manually-entered transactions is 3.5% + 15¢.

You may be interested in the custom rates we're able to offer to organizations doing more than $250,000 per year in card processing (in addition to other factors). If your non-profit is interested, you can fill out this brief form, and a Square salesperson will get in touch.

This Support Center article outlines our fees: Learn About Square's Fees.

For a comprehensive explanation of how Square processing fees work, have a look here: Understanding Our Fees | Square Payments.

Also, we have this informative video regarding fees!

Hope that answers your question!

[This reply was edited by a moderator on August 26, 2020 to offer more visibility into Square's pricing.]

Message 2 of 15

I read your response from April about non-profits---just wondering if there has been any change?

My non-profit is having an event and for about 3 months we will be keying in credit cards.  Is there any way to get a discounted rate for keyed in transactions for a non-profit?

Thanks

Message 3 of 15

I'd just like to clarify for Square staff that my current account with Square is not as a non-profit.  I'd be setting up a new account for the non-profit if the keyed in rate could be lowered.

Message 4 of 15

We are a not-for-profit organization and want to use Square reader to take donations at an event.

Are there any changes in fees or anything for a not for profit club or organization?

Message 5 of 15
Alumni

Thanks for signing up for Square and great question!

Please see my answer above.

Message 6 of 15

Can square connect with a non-profit website where I am accepting donations?  I am uncertain how the fees affect me at this time however I want an easy way for people to donate and this would be faster than having people input all of the information onto a website.

Thanks

Jessica

Message 7 of 15

I woudl like to connect with Operation USA where i will  be collecting donations to support the victims in PR and Mexico.  I would love to swipt the credit card and for the donation amount to go straight to Operation USA and part of my page.

Is that possible?  What should I do if that is not possible?

Message 8 of 15

Hello @jje, you can open a Square Account and connect Operation USA's bank information to your account. You will also need their EIN for the account as well. 

If you process more than $20,000 dollars and 200 swipes we will file a 1099-K for the account. 

Message 9 of 15

We are a 501c3 nonprofit diaper bank in the US, opened an account a couple of weeks ago and just used Square for the our very first fundraiser ever. Does Square waive transaction fees for nonprofits?

Message 10 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @DTWW and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread in our Community around non-profit pricing.

We don't offer special discounts or waived fees for non-profits but you can check out George's answer above for more details. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 15

We are a 501(c)(3) charity, How do I set all of my sales as a donation?

Message 12 of 15

Hi there, @Jwinbrough! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Comunity! Happy to have you. We appreciate you making your first post!

I've merged your post with a thread of Sellers who were also inquiring about information for 501c3's. While this thread contains a lot of information regarding fees, it's also important to note that Square does not offer any current designation within Point of Sale for donations. Each donation would be operated and completed like a transactions.

You can find more information regarding activating an account for non-profit organizations here.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Joe
Message 13 of 15

Is there still an option to use Square as a nonprofit?  I'd like to run an online auction with proceeds to benefit small businesses in our community but need the tax deduction benefit.

Message 14 of 15

Hi there, @Hamco 👋 Thanks for chiming in here to the Seller Community! Welcome! Happy to have you.

I've merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information in regards to Square and non-profits. This Best Answer from George will be helpful here.

Let me know if you have any additional questions! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 15 of 15