x

Why won't my bank account verify/link?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Square Banking Link Information Disappears]

I have entered my banking information at least 7 times by this point.  The bank account initially validates but then 2 -3 days later the information disappears and shows that no bank is linked.  I have verified all information is correct.  I need guidance on how to move forward.

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @apclk-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

I wouldn't be able to say the exact reason that your bank account isn't linking, given that would be account specific information. In general, your bank account verification can fail for a variety of reasons.

These are a few things to keep in mind before you try to link your bank account again:

1. Use a transactional bank account. Prepaid cards and non-transactional accounts aren’t supported with your Square Account.
  2. Double check your bank account number and routing information with your bank.
  3. Ensure you have at least $1.00 in your bank account before you begin verification. We need to transfer and withdraw a small amount to ensure we can communicate with your bank account.

With this in mind, I would suggest linking a different transactional account, such as checking or savings account.

I hope this is helpful. If you continue to have issues, please call our Support Team as they will be able to take an actual look at your account. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @apclk-

I wouldn't be able to say the exact reason that your bank account isn't linking, given that would be account specific information. In general, your bank account verification can fail for a variety of reasons.

These are a few things to keep in mind before you try to link your bank account again:

1. Use a transactional bank account. Prepaid cards and non-transactional accounts aren’t supported with your Square Account.
  2. Double check your bank account number and routing information with your bank.
  3. Ensure you have at least $1.00 in your bank account before you begin verification. We need to transfer and withdraw a small amount to ensure we can communicate with your bank account.

With this in mind, I would suggest linking a different transactional account, such as checking or savings account.

I hope this is helpful. If you continue to have issues, please call our Support Team as they will be able to take an actual look at your account. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 24

I have done all of the above. I have linked the checking account several times .... it gets verified, then a few days later it fails. Please help.

Message 3 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Sandy254,

I'd recommend reaching out to our direct CS team to help assist you further if you've done all the troubleshooting.

We don't have access to your account from here to see why it's failing. The most typical reasons are incorrect account/routing or if your bank is rejecting our 1c debit attempt to officially link the account.

It may be best to call your bank to allow this attempt to go through this time so it doesn't fail again. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 24

the same thing is happening to me and all they keep telling me is to verified with the bank, and i have tried to link differents banks accounts and im getting the same error, I even try connecting an account that I had linked before and is not working, please HELP!

Message 5 of 24

I’m having the same problem!! Spend so much time between support and my bank and got nowhere!

Message 6 of 24

Hello @JOANCRUZ34,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community for the first time, welcome! 

Sorry to hear you have been encountering some bank verification issues, but perhaps this guide and walk through here will help. 

Also keep in mind, that you must have at least $1 available in your account to ensure verification will work.

Please let me know if this helps! ☺️

Frida
Message 7 of 24

No, this didn’t help, I have balance and my bank account, I ended up creating a new square account to connect that bank account just to prove that the problem is with the system and not the bank, it connected successfully to the new square account, but it won’t connect on my account, and square told me there is nothing they can do to help, something I didn’t expect from such a big company like square.

Message 8 of 24

Hello @JOANCRUZ34,

Sorry to hear that didn't help. ☺️ When it comes to the actual verification process, this is not anything Square has control over. It is essentially a partnership with the bank in question that allows our customers (you in this instance) to pair a bank account with our app. I do get that the back and forth communication with the bank and Square can be tedious. 

Take a look at @Kassi_ 's reply in this thread if you are interested in learning more. 

All in all, I am happy to hear that you now have a linked bank account on file 😊.

Frida
Message 9 of 24

I'm having this same issue. It's highly annoying! How is this a problem for a majority of people, yet there is no resolve! I'm thinking it's a way for them to herd users into creating Square checking accounts... Ugh!!!

Message 10 of 24

is card.com considered a prepaid or is it supported?

Message 11 of 24

Hi. When I'm trying to link my bank account. It shows that its failed. Please help to solve this problem.  Thank you 

Message 12 of 24
Admin

Hey @Alma3231-

Take a look at my best answer in this thread for some insight into why you may be having trouble linking your bank account. Let me know if you have any questions about this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 13 of 24

Why wont it link to my acct

Message 14 of 24

I have singed in the Square account and I have tried to submit my business bank account for the credit card payment but I have never got approved. Does anyone know why?

Message 15 of 24
Alumni

Sorry to hear the trouble linking your bank account. It's a bit tough to know why the bank verification failed since we don't have insight into account details here in Community. However @isabelle notes a few things to keep in mind when linking a bank account. 

Check out the best answer above on this thread I moved you to. @Mitsunobu

Justin
Message 16 of 24

After a major hacking of my previous bank account and subsequent closure of that account, I was able to get a new one with a credit union.

I've attempted 4 times and each time it was verified, only to be a failure a day later. 

What gives?

Message 17 of 24
Alumni

@Sealli 

Your bank account can fail for several reasons. Above, Isabelle gives a view pointers for linking your bank account successfully. There's a Support article linked in her post that explains the bank linking process. 

I hope this helps! this helps. 

Justin
Message 18 of 24

I have around $50 in my square account that needs to transfer. I have been trying to link my high school checking account but it keeps declining. Does anyone know if I can use this account?  😬

Message 19 of 24

@paradisebliss that sounds super frustrating! I've merged your post to an existing thread where Isabelle helps answer your question. 

AshleyK
Message 20 of 24

i am trying to link a Business checking bank account, and keep providing the right bank account informations, but the verification fails every time. can you explain me why? or can some one help me to move forward please?

Message 21 of 24