x

Selling Classes and Workshops- need a roster!

I have a pottery studio and we run classes and workshops. I've set up the workshops as an event online, but I need to be able to have a list of names and emails to send everyone who purchased the event information as it gets closer and if, need be, it gets cancelled. I exported the detailed cvs but it doesn't have email addresses, just names. Can you generate an email that automatically gets sent to anyone who purchased a specific event? There must be a way to do this or to easily have a contact list of everyone registered, otherwise why does square even let you set up events? If there's not, it needs to change.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

I am looking for an answer to this same question.  We need an easy to generate list of customers that are signed up for each class with names/email/phone.  Please let me know how to do this.

Message 2 of 12
Alumni

Hi there. Are you unable to find those details from the Orders tab of your Square Online site editor? 

@kbird

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 12

No, you have to go through every order individually to copy and paste names, email addresses and phone numbers. It’s actually pretty ridiculous how much time I spend doing this for every class and workshop we sell. If i miss one, that person doesn’t get notifications we send. I had someone show up to a class that was cancelled because I missed her order so her email wasn’t on the class list. 
I used to use squarespace to sell our classes and switched when we opened a brick and mortar store and needed a pos system. With squarespace you could very easily export a file of everyone who bought a single product (or class) and it had all the info. When you do it with square all you get is their names

Message 4 of 12

Thank you for your response.  I can find those details from the orders tab, however I cannot pull the information out easily.  I am actually just hand writing the names/phone/emails of all my class participants onto a sheet where I then use them to contact people when necessary.  I would like to have the ability to sort my orders by type (class/event) or items (this would be even better, then I could single out a specific class) and then create an excel report for just that class/event. 

I can create an excel report for all of my orders for a date range, but I cannot sort them easily because the customer names are on a different line than the classes they purchased.  This could be an easy fix, just put the customer names on the same line in the excel report as the item the purchase.   

Message 5 of 12

I've been looking for this feature as well. I'm running a class where participants need to purchase some supplies in advance and I'd like an easy way to contact all participants with the supply list after they have purchased the class. Any updates since July? 

Message 6 of 12

No, I haven't found a solution to this.  I am still handwriting all my class rosters.

I would love for someone at square to put a bit more thought/effort into their events options.  I also just realized that when my customers purchase a class their receipt lists the title of the class, but not the date of the class/event.  This seems like a very basic thing, that you should have the date of their event on the receipt!  Please look at this square.

Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

@glassc09 Thank you for posting in the Seller community and welcome!

Just to gain a bit more insight here, when your participants book your class, how do you currently do this? We'd be happy to offer some suggestions. Look forward to hearing from you!

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 12

I started this thread over a year ago and am glad to see some action on it because I still desperately want square to come up with a better way for people to sell classes and keep their customers' info organized by class.

An easy to generate class list with email and phone number for each participant is an absolute must.

The way I do it, which is ridiculously time consuming:

-Make an item for each class. Events don't work because some of my classes have date options and events don't let you set multiple dates.

-I add modifiers for the items, including Name of Participant (sometimes the participants name is not the customers name, like kids classes), Email, Phone Number and Age (for kids)

- As we get close to the start date of a class I filter my transactions by item and copy and paste all the information from each individual transaction. It is terrible because it is really easy to miss a student and it takes forever. 

-There should also be a way to send an automated email that is specific to a certain item. Like if someone signs up for a certain class they would automatically get an email with that class' materials list and dates, etc 

PLEASE make improving class sales a priority!! 

Thanks 

Message 9 of 12

Hi Frida, 

I’ve created my classes in my online store. When I make them as an item I’m using “item type” -> “event”. Thanks for your help. 

Message 10 of 12
Super Seller Alumni

I run the sales item reports to get this information. Then export the detailed excel file. It takes some time, but this is what I use to pay my team members for their services that they provide and track event/classes sales.  

Message 11 of 12

The sales item reports do not contain customer phone number and email. If they did, this would be an easy way for me to create the report I need. 

As is, I must pull some information off the sales item report, and then create a customer group, then double check who bought how many tickets and combine all the information myself.

It should be easier!!

Square, please add customer contact information (email, phone) to the sales item reports, then it would be much easier for me to pull out the information I need

Message 12 of 12