x

Can I use my business debit card for personal purchases

Does the business debit card have to be used only for business purchases or can I use it for personal purchases?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Skaviak and welcome to the Seller Community! Are you referring to the Square Card? If so, you can use that for business and personal purchases as long as they fit in our Terms of Service

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you! 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @Skaviak,

Personally, I would recommend using your business card for personal expenses, as it can create downstream complications as your business grows. There are tax and legal implications that you will want to consider regarding this. Here is a good article, which discusses the personal use of a business account.

Message 2 of 7

Best Answer

Hi @Skaviak and welcome to the Seller Community! Are you referring to the Square Card? If so, you can use that for business and personal purchases as long as they fit in our Terms of Service

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you! 

AshleyK
Message 3 of 7

Thank you very much for welcoming me to the community @AshleyK !!

I appreciate your willingness to respond with the information I was looking for. I understand and have read the terms of agreement fully and I now completely understand my responsibilities with the use of the card. Again I thank you for welcoming me to the community and for your response to my question! 

Have a wonderful day @AshleyK!

Message 4 of 7

No problem, @Skaviak! Ashley, myself, and the whole team are happy to have you. Let us know if anything comes up! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 5 of 7

@Joe Thanks again I appreciate all the help and the quick responses! It lets me know that me and my small business are connected to a trustworthy company that actually cares and wants to help their clients grow and succeed! I appreciate everything you and the rest of the square has done to make me feel welcomed to the square team! 

Thanks again,

From all of us at Indy's Grass Slingers

Message 6 of 7

This is great to hear, @Skaviak! Great Sellers like you are what keep us going. We are here to help! 📈😎👏

Joe
Message 7 of 7