x

Different images for item variations

I am trying to add multiple images for each product, so that when a customer selects a variation, they get a visual preview of the item.

example: I sell Jewelry Dishes with different sayings.  When a customer selects a variation "I love Paris" - I want the stock photo to change to the jewelry dish they selected.

Is this possible?

Message 1 of 28
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Different images for item variations

HI, under Options and Pricing you are able to choose one image for each variation.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 9.37.51 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

2 Best Answers

Best Answer

HI, under Options and Pricing you are able to choose one image for each variation.

Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 9.37.51 AM.png

Hope this helps!

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale Collection - http://bit.ly/HangerHues

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 28

Best Answer

Hey there, we eventually fixed this problem by activating our full-on square website. Before we had just been using the link square produced for the specific item. A square rep told us there was no way to fix the problem without activating. hope that makes sense/helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 25 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

i'm down to reach out to support directly. now i'm just wondering why y'all replied to this guy but not to me lol

Message 22 of 28
Square Community Moderator

@BreakawayRecs - I'm sorry that we missed your original post 😔 I've cc'd you in my last response.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 28
Beta Member

After coming here for help I have done everything everyone suggested.  What am I missing? All My variations have their own picture, but the online portion is not changing the picture when selecting the variation.  The main picture remains.  Any other suggestions? is their a setting or  button i have to select in order for the variations to show their proper picture?

Message 24 of 28

Best Answer

Hey there, we eventually fixed this problem by activating our full-on square website. Before we had just been using the link square produced for the specific item. A square rep told us there was no way to fix the problem without activating. hope that makes sense/helps.

Message 25 of 28

Hey @BreakawayRecs thanks for providing your fix for this. Does this help resolve your issue @JGRGETICH

Message 26 of 28
Beta Member

Uhmm no. It is a feature that should be included in my square for retail account. I am not paying more into a system that should be provided.  Between my multiple locations and loyalty charges, why should I pay more? Ridiculous… 

Message 27 of 28

Stepping in for clarification @BreakawayRecs. When you referred to fully activating your Square website, could you provide more details or clarification on what that entails?

@jgrgetich's  I checked the Order Online template and managed to enable a hover effect for variations. While it doesn't change the image automatically, customers can see the variation image by hovering over the item.

Would you find this option helpful? You can activate it in Item Images on Square Online.

Message 28 of 28