x

Getting emails about weird logins?

I have received several emails saying someone is trying to access my account ... from various parts of the world. 

I never set up an account though, originally, I did apply for a Square.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @yv and welcome to the Community.

You actually would have to have an account with us in order to be making this Community post. It sounds like you set up an account with us long ago and forgot about it but whatever you used to login here would be your login for the account. 

Accounts that haven't been active for a long time are typically the accounts that are targeted for account takeovers. I would recommend changing your email password as well as changing your Square password and setting up 2 step verification on the account if you're not going to deactivate it fully.

You can deactivate it under > Account & Settings on the Dashboard.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @yv and welcome to the Community.

You actually would have to have an account with us in order to be making this Community post. It sounds like you set up an account with us long ago and forgot about it but whatever you used to login here would be your login for the account. 

Accounts that haven't been active for a long time are typically the accounts that are targeted for account takeovers. I would recommend changing your email password as well as changing your Square password and setting up 2 step verification on the account if you're not going to deactivate it fully.

You can deactivate it under > Account & Settings on the Dashboard.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

@ashc 

Thank you for your helpful advice.

Rather than deactivate my account, I set up two-step verification.

I read about deactivation and it appears that I would not know if someone was using my account.

I can always deactivate later.

Message 3 of 3